gobeavers
    Participant
    @gobeavers

I’ve usually gone to appointments by myself…my girlfriend wants to come watch. I think she’ll get bored, and not sure if artists mind having people standing around watching? What’s your take??

buttwheat
    Participant
    @buttwheat

I’ve never brought anyone to an appt. Most tattooist don’t mind but it wouldn’t hurt to ask. I thinking it would be real fucking boring hell I get bored when I’m getting tattooed.

Sam-I-Am
    Participant
    @sam-i-am

1) Does she have tattoos?
    2) Ask your artist first.
    3) How do you feel about her watching?
    4) Drive there separately.

My wife and I have had mutual meetings with the artist. (We share the same one) but, I go when I go, she goes when she goes.

Sam-I-Am
    Participant
    @sam-i-am

@buttwheat 129644 wrote:

hell I get bored when I’m getting tattooed.

I usually do too, but last time the next appointment came in 50 min. early. She is a nude photographer’s model.
    While Anthony tattooed me, she showed me her portfolio. She is gorgeous, and I’m glad my wife wasn’t there, and I sure as fuck wasn’t bored anymore.

jerryatrophy
    Participant
    @jerryatrophy

Nope. I learned early on that any distraction can be detrimental to the process. If someone comes in while I’m getting tattooed I ask if he wants to take a break.

Sam-I-Am
    Participant
    @sam-i-am

@jerryatrophy 129650 wrote:

I learned early on that any distraction can be detrimental to the process.

You’re right jerry! I know that, but I did cave into looking at a spectacular nude female body in some really amazing poses.

gobeavers
    Participant
    @gobeavers

Thanks for the comments. Sounds like it’s best she doesn’t come with! Now if I need to convince her I can show her this thread lol.

mrchen
    Participant
    @mrchen

This is time for you and your artist, I don’t like anyone coming with me,

peterpoose
    Participant
    @peterpoose

My wife comes with me most of the time but she stays around an hour then wonders off to shops lol she just pops in to bring me food and drink 🙂

GrayCatLove
    Participant
    @graycatlove

Oddly, the tattoo shop I go to doesn’t let you bring anyone back. However, every artist/apprentice would come, watch, and chat when I had a large piece done, and by some of these folks, I’m sure I was considered “an old lady.” Nothing like being “approachable” to keep you from feeling alone when you’re getting leaves tattooed onto your mons de venus.

Tecratt
    Participant
    @tecratt

I’ve had people go with me, and I have went with people. Usually not a big deal, but does get boring for the other person. Also, it is ok to talk to the artist, but don’t try to constantly jabber.

gobeavers
    Participant
    @gobeavers

@Tecratt 129681 wrote:

I’ve had people go with me, and I have went with people. Usually not a big deal, but does get boring for the other person. Also, it is ok to talk to the artist, but don’t try to constantly jabber.

Oh okay yeah I’ve just tried to gauge small talk on the person, and whether or not I get the vibe they want to talk. Same goes for haircuts, some talk your ear off, others are silent! Tattoos require a bit more focus than a haircut though =) ha.

Mistress_Of_Pain
    Participant
    @mistress_of_pain

My fiance comes with me to every appointment but with my artist we’re always chatting and sharing stories and things like that. If he gets bored he’ll usually mess around on his ipad or his phone or just hang out. I’m sure he hates sitting there, I’d have no problems going alone if it ever came down to it. Most of the people who come into the shop I go to have someone with them.

mrchen
    Participant
    @mrchen

I asked some artists, most said they would prefer you and you alone. In the case of larger custom pieces being done with collectors, there are items to discuss and long sessions are hard and that time is best spent with you and artist. They have seen company cause too many complications,

mrchen
    Participant
    @mrchen

I would go with what my artist prefers, and I would ask them before bringing someone to a long session

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.