GrayCatLove
    Participant
    @graycatlove

Well, my scar cover-up tattoo isn’t done yet, and I’m already thinking about the next one. I know; shame on me. And you guys were so helpful in coming up with a clear vision for what my artist could work with. I can’t wait for the color. We’re already past the dryness and peeling with the shading and outline.

But what I really want another piece on my left side, along with the Hugo rose and Tolkein script. I love Rilke, too. However, I don’t want a lame copy of a Gaga tattoo of that lovely quote: ‘In the deepest hour of the night, confess to yourself that you would die if you were forbidden to write. And look deep into your heart where it spreads its roots, the answer, and ask yourself, must I write?’”

No one wants to hear my sad, sad LA Ink story, but this tattoo would be cool for me. What I think I want is something like a heart with roots, perhaps with a lock/key or an old fashioned ink pen through it like a quill pen with a feather, but with roots from the heart itself. I’d be happy with a cutesy little heart or a more detailed anatomical heart, but due to running low on space, it may have to curve onto my hip and butt.

Again, you guys were a help with selecting the final flora in the current one, so I thought I’d get some opinions. I don’t want to present a silly idea and embarrass myself in front of an artist without having a clear yet sensible idea where he can take some artistic liberty?

And no lame Gaga-esque suggestions! :p

argedion
    Participant
    @argedion

@GrayCatLove 127709 wrote:

What I think I want is something like a heart with roots, perhaps with a lock/key or an old fashioned ink pen through it like a quill pen with a feather, but with roots from the heart itself. I’d be happy with a cutesy little heart or a more detailed anatomical heart, but due to running low on space, it may have to curve onto my hip and butt.

I like the concept with heart and roots I think having a quill pen with a feather is a little much and better suited for a tattoo of its own. Instead of a lock and key for the heart I’m thinking a wall around it. Not sure how that would work with the roots though. I’ll think some more and get back with ya 🙂

buttwheat
    Participant
    @buttwheat

Yeah a heart and an ink well melding together would be tits

Sam-I-Am
    Participant
    @sam-i-am

Have you thought about a fountain pen? Stylish but less flamboyant than a quill pen.

GrayCatLove
    Participant
    @graycatlove

Actually, the lock and key is so overdone, I think I may go for some the more Dada-esque yet subtle stuff here…. Ink pots melting into hearts with roots, fountain pens over quills, All good suggestions, and I’m thinking this will be my first more surreal piece, maybe even direct my artist over to some German surrealist art for inspiration. Good idea, or no?

He’s a very educated man, but I figure as open as we’ve been so far, we’ve gone from a lovely but simple rose to that abdominal piece. Though this will be smaller, I think it has the potential to be a more crazy and creative piece.

peterpoose
    Participant
    @peterpoose

Don’t ask me why I have posted these images, they just seem to leap out for me. Maybe they can give you some inspiration and if not its nice art to look at 🙂

a310tu.jpg

2z4k7pf.jpg

96vrba.jpg

2zp6rrm.jpg

xqdg5g.jpg

15wym2g.jpg

302mlhu.gif

peterpoose
    Participant
    @peterpoose

This I thought was an interesting concept 🙂

kx2rs.jpg

GrayCatLove
    Participant
    @graycatlove

Peter, thank you so much. I love some of those images! I will put together some of my favorites and some other stuff to help guide my artist.

peterpoose
    Participant
    @peterpoose

@GrayCatLove 127733 wrote:

Peter, thank you so much. I love some of those images! I will put together some of my favorites and some other stuff to help guide my artist.

Your welcome 🙂

Call_me_Lola
    Participant
    @call_me_lola

@GrayCatLove 127728 wrote:

Actually, the lock and key is so overdone, I think I may go for some the more Dada-esque yet subtle stuff here…. Ink pots melting into hearts with roots, fountain pens over quills, All good suggestions, and I’m thinking this will be my first more surreal piece, maybe even direct my artist over to some German surrealist art for inspiration. Good idea, or no?

He’s a very educated man, but I figure as open as we’ve been so far, we’ve gone from a lovely but simple rose to that abdominal piece. Though this will be smaller, I think it has the potential to be a more crazy and creative piece.

I think that you are heading in a wonderful direction with this. I bet it turns out really good. I love that you put so much thought into the ideas before you present them to the artist, and I know that you have enough faith in him to let him take your ideas and run with them. That kind of collaboration can create truly great stuff.

buttwheat
    Participant
    @buttwheat

@peterpoose 127737 wrote:

Your welcome 🙂

Fuck don’t they teach English over there in England?

you’re = you are your is a possession

peterpoose
    Participant
    @peterpoose

@buttwheat 127754 wrote:

I am just lazy 🙂

Sam-I-Am
    Participant
    @sam-i-am

@buttwheat 127754 wrote:

(Possession is 9/10 of the law)

BertNaked
    Participant
    @bertnaked

@peterpoose 127769 wrote:

I am just lazy 🙂

If you were lazy, you would’ve said: “I’m just lazy” and not “I am just lazy”.

Sam-I-Am
    Participant
    @sam-i-am

@BertNaked 127924 wrote:

If you were lazy, you would’ve said: “I’m just lazy” and not “I am just lazy”.

If you were REALLY lazy you would have just THOUGHT “I’m lazy” and left it go at that. As it turns out I suspect you’re hoarding energy for a later time and purpose.:cool:

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.