Swansoda
    Participant
    @swansoda

Ok, so I’m going Thursday to get my first tattoo if all goes to plan. (And my sister is going with to get her second one, yay!). I want to get a girly skull on my upper right calf. I’m going to have the artist draw me out something.

I really can’t afford to go to Kokomo to see Timmy B Boor….and the place I linked in my intro stuff I thought my friend went to but she just mentioned them. She got all of her’s at Stillhouse, and she loves them, which I’ll link in a minute. I personally like the artists’ work and it’s really all on personal preference, so……I was hoping to get Jason or Gabe but Jason is only doing one on that day and no more cause he’s leaving soon and letting someone else use his station and then Gabe is booked up, but I think the others are good as well…..I was told to come in at 2:00 so I dunno yet who’s available.

Here is their website Stillhouse Tattoo – Welcome it’s not been updated in a while so here’s their facebook page for more recent work and KJ is not on the website yet https://www.facebook.com/Stillhousetattoo?ref=ts&fref=ts Many people in my area like Stillhouse as well, including a cool local rock radio DJ, so that’s all cool to me.

So onto aftercare, I know the artist will explain everything but I was talking to my friend about it. She got a sugar skull from Gabe and he did an awesome job and she did a great job with aftercare, so she’s ordering me what she uses, tattoo goo. She’s getting me the aftercare salve and the soap. She has 2 salves she just got for herself which she’s gonna give me one cause mine won’t be in by Thursday.

And then here’s my question…..the soap won’t be in by Thursday so I need a suggestion of what to get from the store to use until then…..she said Dial soap is highly recommended but she said make sure to get antibacterial and unscented. Well Dial is antibacterial but none of them say unscented, there’s gold and white but are those scented? ……..what would you guys suggest to use?

And then she uses and recommends Aquapor lotion…..so I figure her aftercare worked out great so I’d go by her suggestions (of course along with what the artist tells me)

Swansoda
    Participant
    @swansoda

I don’t need or want anything too big or too detailed. I just want something good and cute and girly. I have found these two that I like the best after browsing google and pinterest that I’m gonna have the artist reference off of.

http://www.southsidetattoo.net/chris_posey/Girly_skull_tattoo.jpg
    Tattoos I like / I want something similar to this but of course something like this needs color.

buttwheat
    Participant
    @buttwheat

Do not use anything with the word tattoo on it. You are just wasting your money.
    Aftercare is SIMPLE and doesn’t need to much thought. Follow your tattooist instruction sheet that will be given to you. or if you have chosen a tattooist that is a POS and fails to give you instruction s follow these: http://black13tattoo.com/content/pdf/aftercare.pdf

I’m sorry you feel the need to be cheap with your tattoo :confused:

Sam-I-Am
    Participant
    @sam-i-am

@buttwheat 124815 wrote:

http://black13tattoo.com/content/pdf/aftercare.pdf

This is good but I don’t recommend the A & D ointment. I use aquaphor only for a day or so then Cetaphil, Aveeno, or Lubriderm.

Swansoda
    Participant
    @swansoda

@buttwheat 124815 wrote:

Do not use anything with the word tattoo on it. You are just wasting your money.
    Aftercare is SIMPLE and doesn’t need to much thought. Follow your tattooist instruction sheet that will be given to you. or if you have chosen a tattooist that is a POS and fails to give you instruction s follow these: http://black13tattoo.com/content/pdf/aftercare.pdf

I’m sorry you feel the need to be cheap with your tattoo :confused:

What makes you think I feel the need to be cheap? Tattoo goo for one is not cheap and its popular and it works great for my friend, she has four so far and she really likes it.

Swansoda
    Participant
    @swansoda

@Sam-I-Am 124816 wrote:

@buttwheat 124815 wrote:

http://black13tattoo.com/content/pdf/aftercare.pdf

This is good but I don’t recommend the A & D ointment. I use aquaphor only for a day or so then Cetaphil, Aveeno, or Lubriderm.

Thank you for that ๐Ÿ™‚

argedion
    Participant
    @argedion

Aquaphor I use a night before bed and during the day I use Palmers Cocoa butter. Works great and no special orders. Sorry but I don’t like either of the skulls you picked out. I think you can get a much better one but thats just my opinion

Swansoda
    Participant
    @swansoda

@argedion 124825 wrote:

Aquaphor I use a night before bed and during the day I use Palmers Cocoa butter. Works great and no special orders. Sorry but I don’t like either of the skulls you picked out. I think you can get a much better one but thats just my opinion

Thank you for that and ok but yes that’s your opinion, I guess coming to this board everyone wants to see big and detailed or whatever tattoos but I’m not looking for something like that. I just want something cute and girly.

peterpoose
    Participant
    @peterpoose

@Swansoda 124819 wrote:

What makes you think I feel the need to be cheap? Tattoo goo for one is not cheap and its popular and it works great for my friend, she has four so far and she really likes it.

I think he was talking about your tattoo artist ๐Ÿ˜›

argedion
    Participant
    @argedion

Get what makes you happy. You’re the one living with it not us. Besides we’re all opinionated assholes anyway ๐Ÿ˜‰

ArniVidar
    @arnividar

@Swansoda 124829 wrote:

I guess coming to this board everyone wants to see big and detailed or whatever tattoos

Not at all. Everybody here just wants to see GOOD tattoos, although some obviously prefer big and detailed.
    Us liking or not liking the subject matter has nothing to do with liking or not liking the actual tattoo work ๐Ÿ™‚

It’s difficult to tell properly from that small image, but that Skull Butterfly looks to be poorly done, for instance.

peterpoose
    Participant
    @peterpoose

Don’t take the criticism to heart, most people I know have poor tattoos at some point that they got, people here will just give you no holds barred criticism that is for the better for you, try and take it on board ๐Ÿ™‚

Sam-I-Am
    Participant
    @sam-i-am

@argedion 124834 wrote:

Get what makes you happy. You’re the one living with it not us. Besides we’re all opinionated assholes anyway ๐Ÿ˜‰

Hey! I’m not an asshole! (I just display asshole tendencies now and again)

Call_me_Lola
    Participant
    @call_me_lola

@ArniVidar 124840 wrote:

Not at all. Everybody here just wants to see GOOD tattoos, although some obviously prefer big and detailed.
    Us liking or not liking the subject matter has nothing to do with liking or not liking the actual tattoo work ๐Ÿ™‚

It’s difficult to tell properly from that small image, but that Skull Butterfly looks to be poorly done, for instance.

What these guys are telling you is true. And that second example you gave really is a really bad tattoo – even I can see that. But explain to your artist what you want and let him/her come up with something for you. See if you like it, and go from there.

For aftercare always follow the artist’s instructions. They will give you a printed copy. But you do not need any special tattoo soaps, creams or “goo”. You need an UNSCENTED soap and a good unscented lotion. (I use unscented Pear’s soap and Lubriderm lotion and get great results, both are inexpensive and easy to find.) Why would you even consider shelling out your money for a “special” soap that you say won’t even be there when you first need it? Put your money towards your tattoo instead.

You need to keep it clean clean clean, and keep it dry (no soaking) – and use very little lotion. Your skin needs to breath to heal. Too much lotion will just clog your pores.

Oh – and it’s gonna hurt WAY more than you think!!! (Just kidding – I have some asshole tendencies, too. ;))

buttwheat
    Participant
    @buttwheat

@Swansoda 124819 wrote:

I was speaking of the tattooist not the tattoo goo crap. As the first I said was don’t use anything with the word tattoo on it you are just wasting your money.
    and this is the what makes me think you are going cheap. @Swansoda 124813 wrote:

I really can’t afford to go to Kokomo to see Timmy B Boor.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.