@arnividar

@buttwheat 123882 wrote:

I think that person is a troll or trying to be funny

Invisible picture hit-collect spammer.

Zorba
    Participant
    @zorba

@Swansoda 123835 wrote:

Thanks for giving me your opinion….oh, yeah sugar skulls sure are popular, but I don’t like them.

Yep. They are popular – and I don’t particularly care for them either!

argedion
    Participant
    @argedion

I always say watch the artist at work. See what kind of habits they have and how well the eye for color and detail are. Watching an artist work for just a few minutes will give you the best insight on if you want them to work on you or not. You want an artist who is going to give you their undivided attention and do you the best job they can do on not only the drawing but the inking itself. I watched my guy do a tatt before I had him do work on me simply to make sure he was going to do a great job. Understand the difference between great job and good job. When you find that and get the tatt I definitely want to see the pics

Sam-I-Am
    Participant
    @sam-i-am

@argedion 124069 wrote:

I always say watch the artist at work.

Thats good, but have you ever run into a shop that won’t let you observe a tattoo in progress?
    I’ve heard of a few shops like that.

argedion
    Participant
    @argedion

@Sam-I-Am 124074 wrote:

Thats good, but have you ever run into a shop that won’t let you observe a tattoo in progress?
    I’ve heard of a few shops like that.

Yeah and I won’t get work at them only because If they can’t let me see the artist at work then I can’t spend my money there. Currently the shop I go to I know the owner so he has never had a problem with it. If I know someone who has had work done by a particular artist that I am not able to view work (Some Recite health reasons others are just jackasses) I may make an exception but I rather see them at work and know they understand what they are doing.

Don’t think its that important watch an episode of Tattoo Nightmares

anonymous
    Participant
    @anonymous

@peterpoose 123795 wrote:

x2m48z.jpg

That chest piece is awesome.

yodaddynukka
    Participant
    @yodaddynukka

Iirc I think that chest piece was done by one of the kern brothers. I like to say it was tim kern.

Swansoda
    Participant
    @swansoda

@argedion 124069 wrote:

I always say watch the artist at work. See what kind of habits they have and how well the eye for color and detail are. Watching an artist work for just a few minutes will give you the best insight on if you want them to work on you or not. You want an artist who is going to give you their undivided attention and do you the best job they can do on not only the drawing but the inking itself. I watched my guy do a tatt before I had him do work on me simply to make sure he was going to do a great job. Understand the difference between great job and good job. When you find that and get the tatt I definitely want to see the pics

Thanks for that advice. My friend actually doesn’t go to the shop I linked in my intro post, she only went there for her lists. The place she does go to I like their work and there’s on guy I like the best, he did an awesome rose in my opinion. My friend offered me to come watch when she goes with her friend, so I thought that was a good idea. And based off the pictures of his work my sister and I are wanting to go to him here in a couple weeks and since she’s getting her second tattoo she said you can watch them tattoo me before you get your first one…..I will definitely post a pic.

anonymous
    Participant
    @anonymous

@yodaddynukka 124186 wrote:

Iirc I think that chest piece was done by one of the kern brothers. I like to say it was tim kern.

It definitely looks like one of his pieces.

Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.