hip toss
    @

im about to go crazy i went to rinsing my tattoo with Water and dove soap and i noticed that a piece of my tattoo came off the design. I aid wtf im about to cry piece of the detail came off and to top it off it looks like its peeling.why are pieces of the tat coming off i put some a and d ointment on it.I got the tattoo on the 14 please help

buttwheat
    Participant
    @buttwheat

damn did the guy give you no aftercare instructions? Sounds pretty normal tattoos peel like a sunburn anywhere form day2 to day7.

hip toss
    @

year the after care said use a and d ointment and then after a week or two use a no fragrance lotion dont get the tattoo submerged under water but you can wash it with your hands. i use dove soap but a tiny piece of my tat washed off and its peeling in certain parts

ithompson
    Participant
    @ithompson

Unless you’re seeing skin again in the middle of the tattoo design, where you shouldn’t be, then you’re fine and it’s just healing like it should.

Post pictures if you’re really worried about it, members here can tell you more if they can actually see it.

hip toss
    @

well i went to wash and put cream on its not a big piece missing

jerryatrophy
    Participant
    @jerryatrophy

Stop using a&d now. Its thick and hard to spread and will cause you to prematurely lose “scab”

Use small amounts of fragrance free lotion with as low an alcohol content as you can find.
    Dont use anything thick like eucerin cream.

The whole goal is to keep the skin moist and to keep the “scabs” on as long as possible.
    Keep the skin soft and youll be fine. Touchups are common and usually free.

Stop using a&d ointment.

hip toss
    @

thanks jerry i will just wash on put lotion on

jerryatrophy
    Participant
    @jerryatrophy

Just try to leave it alone as much as possible. Wash it twice a day with warm water and antibacterial soap, use your hands and be gentle.
    Lotion it a couple times a day. Other that just leave it alone. The last thing you want to do is irritate it.
    Its basically a sunburn now.

hip toss
    @

okey thanks i have dove and i am getting the luberdirem lotion hopefully today

buttwheat
    Participant
    @buttwheat

No need to PM me! post a picture of what your talking about but it sounds normal in worst case you go back to the dudes house and get it touched up.

Sam-I-Am
    Participant
    @sam-i-am

In case nobody mentioned this to you yet, RELAX.
    Don’t PM me anymore either. I’ll contact you in a few weeks to see how it came out.

jerryatrophy
    Participant
    @jerryatrophy

Aww man, here i was thinkin i was special gettin pm’d. Darnit.

Red Nettle
    Participant
    @red-nettle

I was recommended Bepanthen cream, which worked wonders. It will peel after a bit, important thing is not to pick it. If you do have any gaps the tattooist should fill them in if you go back.

rooster44
    Participant
    @rooster44

I use fragrance free cocoa butter and it works great. Peeling is normal, just don’t pick or scratch at it and you should be fine. Not sure why the told you to use a&d ointment, but it’s not a good idea

hip toss
    @

a an d is good for a few days

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.