Sam-I-Am
Participant
@sam-i-am

Hi,
The shop I deal with has an apprentice (Dave). I’ve been talking to him while the regular artists worked on me. I thought I would give him a chance and he did my lower back “union label” that I think turned out well. He also did matching whales on my wife and me.
Next week I have him booked for 8 hours to do a piece on my upper leg. He has not done alot of coloring yet, and this piece will have a shit load! (A regular artist will be present at all times)

Please relate any good or bad experiences you’ve had with an apprentice.

buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat

Never had an apprentice tattoo me probably wont either.

Amok
Participant
@amok

I would go to a much better shop than your current one before I let the apprentice there touch me.

anonymous
Participant
@anonymous
buttwheat;118722 wrote:
Never had an apprentice tattoo me probably wont either.

This. ^ If my best friend was apprenticing, I’d probably let them do a small one somewhere inconspicuous (like my ass) just to support them.

ArniVidar
@arnividar

I think it all depends on the apprentice’s abilities and where he is in his education.

That being said, without actually knowing anything about the man, no way in hell would I give an 8 hour color job to an apprentice that “has not done alot of coloring yet”.

Sam-I-Am
Participant
@sam-i-am

Hi Arni,
I guess the proof will be in the pudding. He will be well supervised, If things start to go wrong the session will be stopped early, or recessed.
I’ll keep you advised.

Sam

anonymous
Participant
@anonymous
Sam-I-Am;118744 wrote:
Hi Arni,
I guess the proof will be in the pudding. He will be well supervised, If things start to go wrong the session will be stopped early, or recessed.
I’ll keep you advised.

Sam

If things go wrong, break his fucking hands! No, no .. j/k. 🙂

buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat
Sam-I-Am;118744 wrote:
Hi Arni,
He will be well supervised, If things start to go wrong the session will be stopped early, or recessed.

It takes just a split second to fuck up.

Sam-I-Am
Participant
@sam-i-am

I stopped in today to confirm Thursday’s appointment. Dave is no longer an apprentice. He now has a few regular customers.

I’ll post some photographs of the results.

Sam

Wardy
Participant
@wardy

Be sure to post pictures when it’s done 🙂

Sam-I-Am
Participant
@sam-i-am

In my “new photograph” thread I spell it out.
I got the tattoos that I asked for, but I will do better.

Sam

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.