Cosmicblue
Participant
@cosmicblue

Hi everyone, I’m a newbie,(a lady one lol) be gentle :p I’m just posting for some better understanding really.

I’m proceeding with my 8th tattoo. It’s another text Tatt. I get people aren’t huge fans of these but I am keen on them. I already have one quote on my inner upper arm. It’s in typewriter font, and I love it, it’s always a talking point.

I’m keen on one more, so I popped up to my artists shop where I was greated by the artist. I had taken my printed chosen font in different sizes.

He popped in to speak to my artist (who was busy and I didn’t get to see him in person) and he told me the text would need to be almost an inch high. That was too large for me.

Would this be because of the font I chose (which was more of a script this time) I completely understand the reasoning for sizing (ink bleeding/merging?) but I am confused as to why he had no qualms about my original arm tattoo that’s not even half an inch high.

Cosmicblue
Participant
@cosmicblue

Come to mention it, I’ve just read the blowout threads and its scaring me off :O

peterpoose
Participant
@peterpoose

Yep, they need to be a fair size to be readable as it ages and dont merge. Maybe someone else with more knowledge will comment )

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.