Dasch-attack
Participant
@dasch-attack

What up guys! Been a long time since I have been on here! Anyways, I was wondering which artist to choose for my piece, I want to get a intricately detailed peice of my brother portrayed as an angel taking out a whole bunch of evil forces, either on my back or calf, I was wanting kind of a surreal or magic realism kind of feel to it. I was wondering who would be better for a peice like that Dan Henk or Jack Matisse?? Dan Henk is definitely my favorite tattoo artist but I dont know if he would like the style I am wanting and Jack seems like he would be pretty good for the job because he has quite a few tattoos on his portfolio that are pretty intricately detailed.

Just wondering what you guys’s opinions on this are!

DAN- danhenk.com

JACK- http://apocalypsetattoo.com/galleries/tattoos/jack-matisse/jack-tattoos/

Thanks in Advance!

peterpoose
Participant
@peterpoose

I dont know but both are shit hot 🙂

If I had to choose I would choose Jack!

buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat

Well do you want it color or black and grey? What side of the country are you on? If you are going to Apocalypse tattoo I would go with Benjamin. I follow Dan on FB and some of the stuff I see from him I think huh! It may just be his complete lack of ability to take take a good picture.

Dasch-attack
Participant
@dasch-attack

@ Peterpoose thats what I’m thinking man thanks for the feed back they are both wonderful artist!

and @ Buttwheat, I am getting it black and grey and the location isnt a problem, I’m in Texas and Dan will be in Austin soon, and then in Florida in January, and Jack is going to be here in January also!

I checked out Benjamin but I think Jacks style would be perfect for this tattoo

mrchen
Participant
@mrchen

I have known of dan for many years, seen him work many times, it isnt his style

Dasch-attack
Participant
@dasch-attack

Thanks a lot Chen, that definitely makes the decision a lot easier!! I’ll go with Jack.

yodaddynukka
Participant
@yodaddynukka

how about nate beavers? his portfolio is super dated but he is one of the best out there and is in texas.

Dasch-attack
Participant
@dasch-attack

yeah He is great I almost had an appointment with him but I was only going to be in houston for a couple of days and he couldnt fit me in. I just want to make sure that the best person for the piece is going to be doing it thats all! and from what I can tell Jack would be a perfect fit.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.