jtyler05si
Participant
@jtyler05si
ArniVidar;117544 wrote:
Thank you.
So, writing a list is gay? And what other meaning than homosexual does that word hold to you? I should be very much surprised if you meant it in it’s original meaning of happy/fun, so you seem to have found the hidden third meaning, of which I have long been curious.

What are you wanting out of the OP? Are you hoping to make him out as some prejudice pig? I do think it was a mistake to use that word in his first post. Using the word again in the same demeaning way was not the best idea either, but I don’t think he meant it in a hateful manner. Just because I say this whole conversation is shitty, does not mean it is covered in shit; it is a common adjective used where I am from. His use for the word “gay” is equivalent to my use of the word “shit” when saying this dialogue is full of shit; both are simply considered slang .

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/gay?s=t
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/shit?s=t

I regret derailing this thread anymore than it already has been, so in response to the OP’s request:

I do have to some extent an informal bucket list of tattoos.
I would like to get a piece that contains all the cartoon/ comic characters from my childhood, not sure where though.
I also plan on getting a piece of art with my fiance at some point after our wedding (this October!!!). We haven’t settled on the final design or placement, so we are taking our time on setting up any appointments.

ArniVidar
@arnividar
jtyler05si;117575 wrote:
What are you wanting out of the OP? Are you hoping to make him out as some prejudice pig?

Not in the least. As I said, this strange third meaning has been completely lost on me, but I’ve often wondered what exactly it’s supposed to mean. There can only be two possible meanings to that word, so I don’t understand the third one. But thank you for explaining it to me.

You are right, however, that as a slang to mean awkward, stupid, bad or lame, it is extremely offensive.

And yes.. sorry everybody for going WAY off topic here. How about we try to stick with it ๐Ÿ™‚

Wardy
Participant
@wardy

Instead of telling you about all my tattoo’s which nobody will read because it will be to long ill put it really simple

By the time i am 40-45 i don’t want any skin showing from my neck down to my ankles.

gawj1512
Participant
@gawj1512
jtyler05si;117575 wrote:
What are you wanting out of the OP? Are you hoping to make him out as some prejudice pig? I do think it was a mistake to use that word in his first post. Using the word again in the same demeaning way was not the best idea either, but I don’t think he meant it in a hateful manner. Just because I say this whole conversation is shitty, does not mean it is covered in shit; it is a common adjective used where I am from. His use for the word “gay” is equivalent to my use of the word “shit” when saying this dialogue is full of shit; both are simply considered slang .

I regret derailing this thread anymore than it already has been, so in response to the OP’s request:

I would like to get a piece that contains all the cartoon/ comic characters from my childhood, not sure where though.
I also plan on getting a piece of art with my fiance at some point after our wedding (this October!!!). We haven’t settled on the final design or placement, so we are taking our time on setting up any appointments.

THIS ^^ is true. I’m a girl by the way ๐Ÿ˜‰ I hope this makes me less offensive!

I am from the south east of England, by London and we use the word ‘gay’ in this context (of writing a physical list rather than keeping a mental list) to be a bit silly or over the top. Maybe thinking about it, it’s the wrong place and time to expect people from other countries and cultures to realise what I meant. Sorry guys.

I am loving the bucket lists though, glad I’m not the only one to have paid such particular attention and detail to what I want done in the future. I am getting inked in 6 days, can’t wait!

jtyler05si
Participant
@jtyler05si

By the time I am 40 or 50 I would like to have tattoos that pretty much cover me like a t-shirt and shorts. The only area in there I will avoid is my stomach… I see some growth in my future ๐Ÿ˜›

gawj1512
Participant
@gawj1512
jtyler05si;117582 wrote:
By the time I am 40 or 50 I would like to have tattoos that pretty much cover me like a t-shirt and shorts. The only area in there I will avoid is my stomach… I see some growth in my future ๐Ÿ˜›

I got 3 tiny tattoos in my late teens then waited and waited til I got older (35 now) to see if I still wanted them, and I did, more than ever. So I’m making up for lost time. I had my flower piece done on my right arm back in March, then I had a small ankle piece done in May, next week I’m having a small back piece done and am currently planning my left arm cover up, plus 3 more pieces but placement isn’t decided for 2 of those yet, as I don’t like chest pieces, central stomach pieces or calf pieces, or neck/face/hand pieces!

peterpoose
Participant
@peterpoose
gawj1512;117543 wrote:
You have room still?!

Oh yes, still got loads of room ๐Ÿ™‚

Whole chest, both legs nearly and one arm. Possibly neck also ๐Ÿ˜›

peterpoose
Participant
@peterpoose
jtyler05si;117575 wrote:

Being from England i can also vouch for the above being true ๐Ÿ™‚

gawj1512
Participant
@gawj1512
peterpoose;117607 wrote:
Being from England i can also vouch for the above being true ๐Ÿ™‚

Thanks ๐Ÿ™‚ honestly I am far from homophobic, I’m just a cockney London lass using slang (in a stupid way) and am now regretting it! X

gawj1512
Participant
@gawj1512
peterpoose;117605 wrote:
Oh yes, still got loads of room ๐Ÿ™‚

Whole chest, both legs nearly and one arm. Possibly neck also ๐Ÿ˜›

Hahaha arghh nooooo :p

peterpoose
Participant
@peterpoose
gawj1512;117613 wrote:
Thanks ๐Ÿ™‚ honestly I am far from homophobic, I’m just a cockney London lass using slang (in a stupid way) and am now regretting it! X

Yep I’m just a cockney London boy ๐Ÿ™‚

peterpoose
Participant
@peterpoose
gawj1512;117614 wrote:
Hahaha arghh nooooo :p

Why, too much?

gawj1512
Participant
@gawj1512
peterpoose;117616 wrote:
Why, too much?

Neck tattoos ๐Ÿ˜‰ your body though mate… crack on… innit!!! ๐Ÿ˜€

Wardy
Participant
@wardy

There’s nothing wrong with neck tattoo’s, All depends what time of work you’re in really.

buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat

Neck tattoos are a total poser move unless the rest of you is covered

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 40 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.