#39664
tattoomike
Guest
    @

Hey, wondering what your experiences are with taking the edge off getting a tattoo because it sucks having to lose business because of intoxicated customers..

#130491
jtyler05si
Participant
    @jtyler05si

Eating some food every couple hours helps me.

#130492
peterpoose
Participant
    @peterpoose

100mlg of Valium lol sleep like a baby


A map I have made of great artists around the world – http://thebragartlist.mobuapps.london/
#130493
iggybuddi
Participant
    @iggybuddi

With mine, I found actually watching him work helped. I think my mind like disregarded that it was my leg and that was what was causing the pain. It always hurt less if I was watching the machine rather than having my eyes somewhere else. I’m curious if that helps with other people.


Curiosity was framed. Ignorance killed the cat.
#130495
gawj1512
Participant
    @gawj1512

BREATHE is my first tip. If you tense up it’s so much worse, like when you have a baby, you need to be as relaxed as possible and breathing properly is relaxing in that way. My artist plays music and we chat. It’s always pretty painful and I think anyone who can’t take the pain and man up shouldn’t be getting one, if they flinch or freak out because they can’t compose their pain, they are better off not starting in the first place.

#130496
ArniVidar
Moderator
    @arnividar
tattoomike;117440 wrote:
Hey, wondering what your experiences are with taking the edge off getting a tattoo because it sucks having to lose business because of intoxicated customers..

I don’t understand your question. Are you looking for alternative ways to give to your customers so that they don’t have to be drunk when you are tattooing them?


test sig
#130506
buttwheat
Participant
    @buttwheat
ArniVidar;117448 wrote:
I don’t understand your question. Are you looking for alternative ways to give to your customers so that they don’t have to be drunk when you are tattooing them?

I think its spam of some sort I have seen the same post on other forums.

I masturbate while getting tattooed when I get to the short strokes I could care less about the tattoo

#130533
mrchen
Participant
    @mrchen

watching artist work and watching machine does seem to work, seeing what is hurting you hurts less,
I make sure I eat, snack, drink, I like to watch movies (non touching movies) action is good


currently wearing 250 hours, and many more to go, cant explain what my ink means, its personal, it is about who I am
#130539
Amok
Participant
    @amok
mrchen;117474 wrote:
I like to watch movies (non touching movies) action is good

Same here man. Cos you know, if I watch a Romance I’ll just start crying in front of the tattoo artist. And if I watch porn I just have to masturbate like buttwheat.


Instagram: pacsyd
#130550
Mistress_Of_Pain
Participant
    @mistress_of_pain

My artist always plays music and we’re always talking. I like to watch my artist work and all that to which helps me a bit. I actually like the pain so it doesn’t really bother me to much. We laugh and joke and I always bring stuff to eat and drink, that seems to help. Also having hard candy or gum to keep your mouth moving seems to keep my mind off of it but like I said, I like the pain of a tattoo 😛


“I know I was born, and I know i’ll die. The In between is Mine.”
Follow my blog: http://boundbyink13.wordpress.com/
#130554
gawj1512
Participant
    @gawj1512
Mistress_Of_Pain;117508 wrote:
My artist always plays music and we’re always talking. I like to watch my artist work and all that to which helps me a bit. I actually like the pain so it doesn’t really bother me to much. We laugh and joke and I always bring stuff to eat and drink, that seems to help. Also having hard candy or gum to keep your mouth moving seems to keep my mind off of it but like I said, I like the pain of a tattoo 😛

Pretty much the same. And if it does hurt, I just start saying things like ‘what the FUCK are you doing to me, you sadistic fuck’ and we have stupid conversations and I forget about the pain!

#130563
Mistress_Of_Pain
Participant
    @mistress_of_pain

The redo I got done on my leg back in October hurt like there was no tomorrow so we always reference back to that when he’s tattooing me since my other tattoos have been cake lol


“I know I was born, and I know i’ll die. The In between is Mine.”
Follow my blog: http://boundbyink13.wordpress.com/
#130564
Robert.B
Participant
    @robert-b

Like a few others have said, watching the artist work helps me block out the pain.

#130811
vala
Participant
    @vala

I just thought about the end result and how it would be worth it.
Although when I got to the underside of the bicep part of my sleeve the artist applied a bit of Bactine before getting to work. It didn’t remove the pain but just took the initial edge off it.

#130814
iggybuddi
Participant
    @iggybuddi
vala;117798 wrote:
I just thought about the end result and how it would be worth it.
Although when I got to the underside of the bicep part of my sleeve the artist applied a bit of Bactine before getting to work. It didn’t remove the pain but just took the initial edge off it.

Just about 4 hrs into my tattoo (6hrs), my artist did a Bactine wrap for about 15 minutes. He hit my leg with the machine with just water to open up the pores then sprayed my leg down with Bactine and wrapped it with clingwrap. It helped, still painful but much more of a dull pain.


Curiosity was framed. Ignorance killed the cat.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.