Wardy
Participant
@wardy

Got my nan piece done today i fucking love it!!! Oldschool forever!!! will take a better picture when it’s healed

peterpoose
Participant
@peterpoose

Looks good mate, what’s the story behind the doll thingy whatever they are called lol?

Wardy
Participant
@wardy

My nan and gramps live in a holiday home now most of the time but i spent a lot of my time at my nan’s and gramps because she used to mind me when my mum was working, and i used to always play with them dolls that go inside of each other 🙂

peterpoose
Participant
@peterpoose
Wardy;116911 wrote:
My nan and gramps live in a holiday home now most of the time but i spent a lot of my time at my nan’s and gramps because she used to mind me when my mum was working, and i used to always play with them dolls that go inside of each other 🙂

Lol yep those dolls. So you don’t know what they are called either haha 🙂

Don’t ask me why but whenever I see them it makes me think of Denmark lol

Wardy
Participant
@wardy

haha, I did know the name of them but my mind has gone blank haha 🙂

Sherav
Participant
@sherav

Hi Wardy

Nice piece for your nan.
My grandad used to make them as toys when he was a boy/teenager in Russia.

I think they are called Matryoshka (nesting) but sometimes ‘babushka’ which meant woman (in traditional sense).

I know that they sometimes used to make them as love gifts to girlfriends or fiance’s (I think because they had no money so would show off skills by carving wood).

Take care
Matthew

peterpoose
Participant
@peterpoose
Sherav;116917 wrote:
Hi Wardy

Nice piece for your nan.
My grandad used to make them as toys when he was a boy/teenager in Russia.

I think they are called Matryoshka (nesting) but sometimes ‘babushka’ which meant woman (in traditional sense).

I know that they sometimes used to make them as love gifts to girlfriends or fiance’s (I think because they had no money so would show off skills by carving wood).

Take care
Matthew

That sounds about right 🙂

So Denmark has nothing to do with them, unless there were some poor Danish wood craftsmen lol

anonymous
Participant
@anonymous

Nice tribute to your Nan. I was pretty much raised by my grandparents so would like to get one also … once I figure out what the hell I want. :p

buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat

Nice one of your best..

What the fuck is a holiday home?

Wardy
Participant
@wardy
buttwheat;116926 wrote:
Nice one of your best..

What the fuck is a holiday home?

They sold there home and they’ve bought like a big lodge near the beach 🙂 And thank’s about it being one of my best i agree i love this piece!

Amok
Participant
@amok

that’s kewl man

yodaddynukka
Participant
@yodaddynukka

Very cute!

mrchen
Participant
@mrchen

great piece, I love it

newdragon
Participant
@newdragon

Nice piece. Hope it brings back great memories for you.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.