misguidedyouth
Participant
@misguidedyouth

I’ve decided I’d like “Choose the path which makes for the best story.” in a light, handwritten cursive script on my right ribs, what do you think? I have no idea where it came from originally, but i’ve always thought it was a really cool way of looking at things, what do you think?
My design of the tattoo as I’d like it to appear: http://tinypic.com/r/2co04y9/6

Amok
Participant
@amok

One thread is enough, yeah?

misguidedyouth
Participant
@misguidedyouth

Eh, touche.

x561x
@

Yeah, I like the quote. You should put more thought into the tattoo though. Definitely incorporate that quote somehow into a tattoo after more thought is put in :p

buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat

That would be so cool as long as it means so much to you.

2co04y9.jpg

ALEX55
Participant
@alex55

ribs :O thats gonna hurt! atleastt the left side did for me did tattoo took about 20 mins and it hurt worse then my almost half sleeve which took 3 and a half hours!

misguidedyouth
Participant
@misguidedyouth

do you mean into a picture, or just make the font and design more intricate? i’d like it to be a bit more readable than some you see on people

misguidedyouth
Participant
@misguidedyouth
ALEX55;116867 wrote:
ribs :O thats gonna hurt! atleastt the left side did for me did tattoo took about 20 mins and it hurt worse then my almost half sleeve which took 3 and a half hours!

i know, not looking forward to it! but on the other hand the pain comes with it and at least i will have ‘earned’ it :/

jerryatrophy
Participant
@jerryatrophy

I would warn against your first tattoo being on the ribs. It will scare you off. Ribs are hardcore.

misguidedyouth
Participant
@misguidedyouth
jerryatrophy;116877 wrote:
I would warn against your first tattoo being on the ribs. It will scare you off. Ribs are hardcore.

*gulp* nowhere else really appeals though, how bad was it for you? did you get it finished?

jerryatrophy
Participant
@jerryatrophy

Hell no. My balls havent allowed me to go for the ribs yet. My sister has a full rib piece pit to hip. She was crying but stuck it out. And she is a bada$$. First time i think i ever saw her cry. She told me it was like having her elbow and ditch tattooed at the same time. I have probably 30-40 hours of needletime and i can honestly say that right now i have no intention of doing my ribs.
So i cant give you a firsthand account. I guess you could look at it like this. If you can handle the first one on your ribs you can handle anything.

Sherav
Participant
@sherav

Hi,

First of all I like the tattoo idea and think it will look good with the right font – just make sure you go 12 pt or bigger so it don’t blur out in future.

The ribs it has to be said are a sadist’s playground of pain. 😮

I spent 33 hours on my back and when the artist did the edges of my back ribs I was in serious pain. Frankly it was awful and I thought I was gonna either punch him one or cry (or both!).

Bear in mind this was just the edges of the back part of the ribcage and not a full side piece.

That said everybody I know who has had a ribcage piece has said that they managed to survive it and just remember to tell your artist if you pass out from screaming lay you down so you don’t swallow your tongue and keep on working. lol.

You won’t love it but you will manage.

Post up when done.

Take care
Matthew

ezrider
Participant
@ezrider

Like others have said…The ribs hurt, I sat for 5 hours on my rib piece, it wasn’t pleasant and I took a few breaks to say the least. I made it through though and honestly it didn’t hurt too terribly bad afterward, and am already trying to decide what to put on the other side. I really don’t think it will scare you off if you just realize that the ribs are one of the most painful areas to get done.

ArniVidar
@arnividar

I’m kinda on the fence about the staggered placement of the words. I think it looks good in one way, but won’t it make the tattoo more difficult to read? Hmm.. no, I guess that depends on the size. I’m imagining it on the left side, from top to bottom, in which case it would begin at the front and end at the back.

How big are you going to make it?

Original six
Participant
@original-six

I got my first on the ribs
Not as bad as I thought it was gunna hurt but still not much fun

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.