jrs468
Participant
@jrs468

This will not be my first tattoo. But it will be my first time getting my tattoo done in two sessions. The first session will take aprox 2 n half hours and will just be the outline. The second session will be aprox 4 hours long. My question is do I tip after both sessions? Or just at the end when the tattoo is complete. And also how much should a good tip be for that size tattoo?

ezrider
Participant
@ezrider

Just do it all in one session 🙂

Personally I would tip after each session.

jrs468
Participant
@jrs468

If it were up to me I would do it all in one session. The artist wants to do two.

DavidJednat
Participant
@davidjednat

I’m a tattoo artist. I do love tips, but they aren’t mandatory. I would be more than happy with 20%. It doesn’t matter if it is at the end of each session or at the finish of the tattoo. I generally tip around 25% to other artists.

jerryatrophy
Participant
@jerryatrophy

I only recently became aware of the tipping your tattoo artist phenomenon. Like it isnt expensive enough. I try to do at least 15% every session now. If he cuts me a break i usually tip more.

buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat

Most of my tattoos are from the owners of their shops (usually you don’t tip the owner of the business) so I usually tip them with something cool like a t shirt or some salmon that I smoked up.

mrchen
Participant
@mrchen

cash is good, good smoke is good, artists who already make a ton of cash I have given gifts, they really seemed to like something personal,
artists got a good idea how much money you make, give a healthy tip and they will take care of you, you are building a relationship, showing appreciation for the extra time, drawing and planning and all,

Wardy
Participant
@wardy
buttwheat;116061 wrote:
salmon that I smoked up.

peterpoose
Participant
@peterpoose

Mmmmmmm, that salmon looks tasty!

buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat

Wardy here is some I did a little bit ago. It still has about 6 hours to go.

24380_380800813045_112031_n.jpg

jerryatrophy
Participant
@jerryatrophy

I actually built the armrest that my artist uses everyday. I work in a machineshop and fabbed him up a four legged fully adjustable height and tilt stand. It has a polished coffin front with spiderwebs engraved and clearcoated. I have a better idea for the next one. Got a three hour session from about 4 hrs total working thru lunches and using scrap we had laying around. It was definately a trial and error project. He didnt like the base after about 3 months and i chopped the base mocked up a three leg design that he could rest his foot on. So i got another couple hours free.

anonymous
Participant
@anonymous

We all know what kind of tip Wardy is giving.

cartoon-penis.jpg

Amok
Participant
@amok

I tip around 10% although its not really expected here in Australia. Most decent artists are charging around $200 per hour anyway.

Amok
Participant
@amok
buttwheat;116082 wrote:
Wardy here is some I did a little bit ago. It still has about 6 hours to go.

24380_380800813045_112031_n.jpg

D3FiANC3;116089 wrote:
We all know what kind of tip Wardy is giving.

cartoon-penis.jpg

I’m really hungry now

Sam-I-Am
Participant
@sam-i-am

I didn’t tip for my first one as I was unaware of the concept. My co workers gave me a hell about not tipping.
So far I’ve had tattoos from all four artists at the shop (Gallery Tattoos in Camp Hill, PA)
I now tip about 20% and a small bottle of my delicious home made corn or rye whiskey.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.