jrs468
Participant
    @jrs468

This will not be my first tattoo. But it will be my first time getting my tattoo done in two sessions. The first session will take aprox 2 n half hours and will just be the outline. The second session will be aprox 4 hours long. My question is do I tip after both sessions? Or just at the end when the tattoo is complete. And also how much should a good tip be for that size tattoo?

ezrider
Participant
    @ezrider

Just do it all in one session 🙂

Personally I would tip after each session.

Do not take life too seriously; no one gets out alive.
jrs468
Participant
    @jrs468

If it were up to me I would do it all in one session. The artist wants to do two.

DavidJednat
Participant
    @davidjednat

I’m a tattoo artist. I do love tips, but they aren’t mandatory. I would be more than happy with 20%. It doesn’t matter if it is at the end of each session or at the finish of the tattoo. I generally tip around 25% to other artists.

@davidjednat on Instagram.
jerryatrophy
Participant
    @jerryatrophy

I only recently became aware of the tipping your tattoo artist phenomenon. Like it isnt expensive enough. I try to do at least 15% every session now. If he cuts me a break i usually tip more.

buttwheat
Participant
    @buttwheat

Most of my tattoos are from the owners of their shops (usually you don’t tip the owner of the business) so I usually tip them with something cool like a t shirt or some salmon that I smoked up.

mrchen
Participant
    @mrchen

cash is good, good smoke is good, artists who already make a ton of cash I have given gifts, they really seemed to like something personal,
artists got a good idea how much money you make, give a healthy tip and they will take care of you, you are building a relationship, showing appreciation for the extra time, drawing and planning and all,

currently wearing 250 hours, and many more to go, cant explain what my ink means, its personal, it is about who I am
Wardy
Participant
    @wardy
buttwheat;116061 wrote:
salmon that I smoked up.

Are you going to bark all day little doggy or are you going to bite?
peterpoose
Participant
    @peterpoose

Mmmmmmm, that salmon looks tasty!

A map I have made of great artists around the world – http://thebragartlist.mobuapps.london/
buttwheat
Participant
    @buttwheat

Wardy here is some I did a little bit ago. It still has about 6 hours to go.

24380_380800813045_112031_n.jpg

jerryatrophy
Participant
    @jerryatrophy

I actually built the armrest that my artist uses everyday. I work in a machineshop and fabbed him up a four legged fully adjustable height and tilt stand. It has a polished coffin front with spiderwebs engraved and clearcoated. I have a better idea for the next one. Got a three hour session from about 4 hrs total working thru lunches and using scrap we had laying around. It was definately a trial and error project. He didnt like the base after about 3 months and i chopped the base mocked up a three leg design that he could rest his foot on. So i got another couple hours free.

anonymous
Participant
    @anonymous

We all know what kind of tip Wardy is giving.

cartoon-penis.jpg

Amok
Participant
    @amok

I tip around 10% although its not really expected here in Australia. Most decent artists are charging around $200 per hour anyway.

Instagram: pacsyd
Amok
Participant
    @amok
buttwheat;116082 wrote:
Wardy here is some I did a little bit ago. It still has about 6 hours to go.

24380_380800813045_112031_n.jpg

D3FiANC3;116089 wrote:
We all know what kind of tip Wardy is giving.

cartoon-penis.jpg

I’m really hungry now

Instagram: pacsyd
Sam-I-Am
Participant
    @sam-i-am

I didn’t tip for my first one as I was unaware of the concept. My co workers gave me a hell about not tipping.
So far I’ve had tattoos from all four artists at the shop (Gallery Tattoos in Camp Hill, PA)
I now tip about 20% and a small bottle of my delicious home made corn or rye whiskey.

210 inking hours and counting.

Tattoos are for the living. Tombstones are for the dead. Get a tattoo for yourself!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.