gawj1512
Participant
@gawj1512

Hey 🙂

I want a sort of sleeve thingy on my left arm, doesn’t have to be all the way around but has to be made up of little random objects and things that mean a lot to me. How on earth do you get started with something like that? Random placement can either be very cool or a total disaster… plus I can’t draw to get my ideas jotted down. Please advise me thank you!x

peterpoose
Participant
@peterpoose

Find an artists and work with him on your ideas?

Sherav
Participant
@sherav

Hi

The key thing is to know what art you want and where you want them on your arm. Sounds logical I know but a lot of ppl have a habit of swapping ideas and placement around so you have to be certain.
Then decide on what sort of filler (if any) you want in the spaces that is left afterwards.
The artist will measure your arm draw up the piece and put it on.

Take care
Matthew

jerryatrophy
Participant
@jerryatrophy

Very indecisive. A sleeve technically goes all the way around. Start your randomness by figuring out what you want the first object to be and then figure out where you want it. Then have it tattooed. Repeat as necessary. After all is said and done fill in the gaps with flower vines or smoke or water or fire or pumpkin vines or all black or rainbows or bugs or skulls. The possibilities are really limitless. Taking that first step is the important thing.
I like looking at peoples jumbled sleeves. Its nice to be able to really look at ideas individually. I have a duck flying over a goat devil Next to a mutated fish with human teeth and human shaped legs. Tell me that shit isnt ironic.

gawj1512
Participant
@gawj1512

Cheers guys, sounds obvious when you read it back huh.

I have my starting point, it’s probably the best place to start, and as you say Jerry – get the first bit done then go plan the 2nd bit… you’re right a sleeve goes all the way round and I’m not adverse to that, just don’t think I have enough ‘stuff’ to go all the way around but I sure have my first bit in mind. I’ll speak to an artist about that. Thank you.

jerryatrophy
Participant
@jerryatrophy

Just don’t get hung up on the word “sleeve” just get tattoos you want. Frequently.

gawj1512
Participant
@gawj1512
jerryatrophy;115936 wrote:
Just don’t get hung up on the word “sleeve” just get tattoos you want. Frequently.

I want ‘doodles’ not a sleeve, I’m massively inspired by a particular style of embroidery, I guess I’ll just show my artist the photographs and see if he can turn it into ink!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.