BertNaked
Participant
@bertnaked

I’m in for a new piece in five days, and just startet to think about shaving. This piece is going on my lower arm, and I have a normal growth of hair there.
But what is the best thing to do here. Do you shave your arm 1,2,3 days before so it’s easier for the artist to remove stubs instead of spending 10 minutes removing a lawn?
Or is it best to have the artist to do it the day you get there? Do they usually want it to be done by them, so there’s less complications etc. ? (I dunno)

I’ve searched for answers on the web, but it seems like there’s only brainless tools out there who only ask for the same piece of shit thing. “DO THEY REMOVE HAIR WHEN TATTOO?11WHAY?”
– Christ.

anonymous
Participant
@anonymous

It doesn’t really matter tbh. I typically shave the area a few days before. Throw some aftershave on there to help prevent razor burn.

yodaddynukka
Participant
@yodaddynukka

usually its better to get shaved by the artist. if u shave before you can get stubles that get in the way of tattooing.

jerryatrophy
Participant
@jerryatrophy

+1 let artist do it. Don’t sweat the details. I’ve never had an artist take 10 minutes to shave off an area. But then again I’m not a gorilla. Getting tattooed is pointless if your gorilla hair is going to grow back and cover it up.
I think all you need to do before a session is the day of, eat a good meal and bring a bottle of water.

BertNaked
Participant
@bertnaked

That’s what I’ll do then. Thanks guys!

mrchen
Participant
@mrchen

every artist I have worked with is going to shave you anyway, and they ar ebetter at it then we are, so I just let them

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.