osubucks
Participant
@osubucks

So I have debated for quite some time on tattooing over a scar I have. I found a great artist with 20+ years experience that has does this before. I have done research on here and I know it has been asked many times before about tattooing over a scar. Mine is over 20 yrs old, flat, not very red (except a spider vein), and the tattoo artist thinks is possible.

I have included pics so I can get advice on a few things.

A. Does this look like something that can be tattooed over?

B. I also want advice/ideas on a tattoo, I am pretty much set on a dragon. I’m thinking red and blue as main colors possibly with a background to add depth.

My first idea and I actually took the pic of a “fake tattoo” years ago was two dragons with their tails intertwined over my scar with them going out from the center but a symetrical style. I understand that the pic I have included with this fake tattoo is very flat, I would want more curvature in the dragons (I think the fake tattoo was designed for and arm).

My second idea is one dragon that starts out on my shoulder/arm area and goes across my chest with the head covering my scar.

What does everyone think? Advice? Suggestions? Thanks!

P.S. For some reason it is not letting me add any attachments, possibly I can start the thread and add them after…

osubucks
Participant
@osubucks

Well it won’t let me add attachments so I can show what I am talking about, please help?

buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat

Just upload it into your tattoo album. newbs aren’t allowed to post pics into threads

osubucks
Participant
@osubucks

Thanks, I uploaded the pics into my album, I titled it scar pics.

buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat

Yeah it looks like it would be able to tattoo fine. The only problem with tattooing on a scar is that it doesnt hold ink as well so make sure the tattooist has done it MANY times.

I have a scar on my chest that was caused by a tattoo gone bad had had it re tattooed about six months after looks just fine you cant see the scar but you can still feel it.

osubucks
Participant
@osubucks
buttwheat;115140 wrote:
Yeah it looks like it would be able to tattoo fine. The only problem with tattooing on a scar is that it doesnt hold ink as well so make sure the tattooist has done it MANY times.

I have a scar on my chest that was caused by a tattoo gone bad had had it re tattooed about six months after looks just fine you cant see the scar but you can still feel it.

What caused your tattoo to go wrong?

Wardy
Participant
@wardy

Be sure to show us some pictures when the tattoo is done!

buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat
osubucks;115141 wrote:
What caused your tattoo to go wrong?

I have no idea nor does the artist. There are some pics in this thread http://www.thetattooforum.com/new-ink-today-t17669.html?t=17669

Dont let this turn you away from tattoos it was a 1 in a million thing.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.