Panter
Participant
@panter
GrayCatLove;113010 wrote:
Oh, agreed – If an artist gets snippy and doesn’t want to discuss stuff, I’d run, too.

What do you think people should talk about on a tattoo forum, though? I consider you a respectable, knowledgeable, nice guy. I think your opinion is one worth listening to.

But I think you’re being a real jerk about this whole, “OMG ASK AN ARTIST” every single time someone asks, “I want a snowflake tattoo, should I get it black or blue, on my ass or on my arm,” et al. We get it. You don’t like those questions, despite the fact you have a lot of insight and intelligence when it comes to that stuff. That’s fine. You don’t have to like those kinds of questions. But just like you get tired of those kinds of questions, other people get tired of the snark over and over and over and OVER.

Tattoo artists, even the best ones, are not the be all, end all gods and the only opinion people should seek. Just because you don’t seek advice on a tattoo forum doesn’t mean a tattoo forum is the wrong place for people to seek advice on tattoos.

I don’t get my tattoos to please anyone but me, and I hope that’s not what you were implying. If you designed what you were wearing, well, then the artist was using YOUR work. By your standards, isn’t that a shabby artist?

If anyone plans to get a tattoo, ultimately, they’re going to ask the artist those questions. However, especially in the case of tattoo virgins, they tend to get a little picked on here. I could go on about how this general unfriendliness does nothing but continue to perpetuate stereotypes about heavily tattooed people being unpleasant, but I feel like I’m wasting my words.

I hope you realize I respect and appreciate your knowledge and your body art, I just wish you were more willing to share it without making people feel like pariahs or dumbasses.

That’s an interesting point.
I think I’m probably guilty of the whole “ask your artist” thing as I just don’t see the point in asking anyone else.
I would never ask what to get on myself, or where to get it, only thing I may ask for is a pointer towards someone to do it.

However, you do make a very valid point there and I will certainly be more aware of my responses in future, keeping quiet if necessary!

mrchen
Participant
@mrchen

panter, I agree,

I dont ask opinions about car repair on an amatuer forum, I ask my ASE hall of fame uncle, a top professional,

Same with guns, I dont ask on gun forum, I ask my certified armorer and gun smith david

In every aspect of my life, I try and seek the best source of information. I have found too many times that information from amatuers was incorrect

when it comes to my ink, only my opinion matters,

but I will offer my advice to anyone who wants some, I know a little bit

GrayCatLove
Participant
@graycatlove

I’m glad we can have a civil discussion.

In a few months, I’ll potentially be a primary care provider for people seeking health care.

Like choosing a tattoo, people don’t always just go with the opinions of health care providers when making those decisions, and I don’t think providers of services always make the right choices for YOU. Sometimes it is better to consult with your pastor, or your mother, or the internet. Same goes for tattoos. That’s all I’m sayin’.

mrchen
Participant
@mrchen

remember a doctors license, it says they are licensed to pratice medicine, I dont think many of them know much, I guess I am an ass, I do my research on my own and I tell him what we are going to do………seems to be working, I have lived this long

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.