DouglasMB
Participant
@douglasmb

I curently have 4 tattoos… I think the longest one took me 45 min to an hour. This weekend I am schedualed to get some work done that is going to take 5 hours. I need to do this in one sitting no matter if it hurts or I get nervos or what ever. The shop is about 10 hours from my house.

Can you guys give me some tips of things to do during the session to help pass the time and take my mind off of it? i wish I could bring someone with me but this is a solo trip. So it will just be me. So yeah I thought this would be a good place to get ideas…

Thanks

Aussie_Al
Participant
@aussie_al

talk to the tattooist – let him talk away

zone out and think of other things

worst case scenario bring an ipod with your favorite music

ezrider
Participant
@ezrider
Aussie_Al;112614 wrote:
talk to the tattooist – let him talk away

zone out and think of other things

worst case scenario bring an ipod with your favorite music

I agree with AL…..Depending on where its at 5 hours really isnt too bad. I’ve sat 6 hours on the arm and just chatted away with the artist the whole time. The 5 hour session on the ribs required my ipod and my favorite music.

Wardy
Participant
@wardy

5 hours is nothing it’s not that long to get tattooed through. You will be fine. I was in for 9hours before Xmas and that wasn’t that bad.

peterpoose
Participant
@peterpoose

Some artists do not like to talk. Victor didn’t like talking at all, he was very into his work.

I just took my tablet and played Angry Birds lol

yodaddynukka
Participant
@yodaddynukka

Zoning out while listening to music is what I do.

isa ferrara
Participant
@isa-ferrara

My first was 5 hours, lots of layers of color and ouch. My artist plays Pendulum in the BG to kinda put us both in the zone, and we talked the whole time til the very end when I started getting antsy. I should’ve asked him to keep chatting. Bring a gatorade or soda or something, too.

mrchen
Participant
@mrchen

I bring snacks, drinks, something to read, my laptop with music and videos and a movie or two,
plus I like to talk, never had a problem, for just 5 hours you shouldnt need too much,

DouglasMB
Participant
@douglasmb

cool… thank you for the info… It is going to be on my back in the right shoulder blade area… so my mp3 player and my phone should be all I need.

mrchen
Participant
@mrchen

cool I did 8 hours on blade, 10 the other, no problem, good area like your bicep, its tough,

to me the pain is about not thinking about the pain, those first few minutes suck ass, lets face it, then once your body starts numbing from the buzz of those coils it chills out, then you get your mind on something else and keep it on something else,

anonymous
Participant
@anonymous

Chocolate? Chocolate releases endorphins. 🙂

peterpoose
Participant
@peterpoose
isa ferrara;112626 wrote:
My first was 5 hours, lots of layers of color and ouch. My artist plays Pendulum in the BG to kinda put us both in the zone, and we talked the whole time til the very end when I started getting antsy. I should’ve asked him to keep chatting. Bring a gatorade or soda or something, too.

Yours must have flown by with all the fantasising you were doing while having it done 😀

yodaddynukka
Participant
@yodaddynukka

my next session im going to fantasize about being isa’s tattoo artist. lol jk. kinda…

peterpoose
Participant
@peterpoose
yodaddynukka;112643 wrote:
my next session im going to fantasize about being isa’s tattoo artist. lol jk. kinda…

lol me too!

Wardy
Participant
@wardy

It’s funny how you can spot a virgin on the internet isn’t it. A girl mention’s one thing and you don’t stop thinking about it.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.