NoobieTattoo
Participant
@noobietattoo

I’ve finally decided what I’m wanting on my right arm and just wondering if any of people could help me on what to expect and how soon I can finish this off as I’m quite an impatient guy and want it done to be fair as I’ve been waiting a while. I’ve got a few tattoos on my other arm (which I want a sleeve eventually as well), hands and neck so pain is no issue or problem at all.

I’ve found a good artist and he charges £50 a hour so that is fine by me, seen his work and few of my mates have been to him, good quality stuff.

This is the tattoo I’m wanting –

the-norse-snake-ring-292x300.png

Will the artist just do the outlines first then come back for colouring?

It will be possible to go the head at the top of the arm and to get it wrapped all the way down to my wrist?

How many sessions do you think this will approx take? (I’ve spoken to my friend and he says do 3 hour sessions each time whilst bringing a drink with you like lucozade)

What should I put around the snake to cover the whole arm up to make it a “full sleeve”, thanks in advance.

will16
Participant
@will16

If you want it to span the entire length of your arm whilst also wrapping round it, the lines wold take more than 3 hours and I’m pretty sure they would have to be done in one session.

the number of sessions depends on how long each session is, how quick the artist is and how well you sit.

The design looks like some kind of dragon so you cold use a traditional Japanese background.

NoobieTattoo
Participant
@noobietattoo
will16;112490 wrote:
If you want it to span the entire length of your arm whilst also wrapping round it, the lines wold take more than 3 hours and I’m pretty sure they would have to be done in one session.

the number of sessions depends on how long each session is, how quick the artist is and how well you sit.

The design looks like some kind of dragon so you cold use a traditional Japanese background.

I don’t want it all the way down wrapped or it will look like a pattern and not a snake won’t it… I want the snake to cover my whole arm but which way can I do it so it takes all my arm up but can still have like a background as well but not so it’s like just like circle wrapping all the way around if you get me?

quick2.jpg

Kind of like that… work it down on the arm not wrapping it around every single time with a background/pattern around it…will that look good and not so it’s just round and round if you understand what I mean?

shaggs2riches
Participant
@shaggs2riches

You should really work this all out with the artist. He knows his style and abilities. One thing is to allow him to do the work at his pace, don’t rush him because you are anxious. Also the sleeve can flow many ways, so it be a good idea to ask him what he would envision the sleeve to look like. This lets him to work with his own creativity and that is where you will get the best work from him. If he’s a good tattoo artist he will already have great ideas to throw at you. Once you have that plan everything will actually come together faster because you both know what to expect. Otherwise its like trying to write a novel without brainstorming the entire story line first.

NoobieTattoo
Participant
@noobietattoo

Yeah I understand, got my apt booked for Friday to sort everything out will bring the design with me, just don’t want it to be wrapped around in circles or it’ll look sh*t and just like a pattern.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.