Inkmywholebodi
Participant
@inkmywholebodi

I know it seems like a tough choice but i’m with the others on the laser idea. If it’s possible to find a friend/sitter of some kind for the kids and make the trip. I think your coverup will come out alot cleaner and probably give you more options for something you would really want versus something you like better than what you have just to fit the coverup. Good luck.

ArniVidar
@arnividar

Your tattoo isn’t going anywhere. It’s painfully permanent. You basically have two options here:

A) Get it lasered (and contrary to what you think about lasers, if you don’t go to some useless hack then they work very well on black) even if it takes some time (Months, even). This will result in you being able to get a FAR lighter image to cover it up, whereas today you can really only cover the wings with a gigantic dark thing.

B) Don’t get lasered, and get a PROPER cover-up artist to fix you up a nice, bold, dark image to go over it with an image that you may never fully like, but will be big and dark enough to cover this one, and may even still show some of the wings through the color.

Either way, you will have to live with your decision for the rest of your life, because you sure as heck won’t be lasering and covering a third time at a cost of untold thousands of dollars. Only you can make this decision for yourself.

B_Tattoo
Participant
@b_tattoo

SO I thought id update you all on my cover up. I found an artist that had previous cover up experiance and when I showed him what I have and what I wanted he said no problem. I just got it done yesterday so its still dark as we all know happens at first and then heals a bit lighter. SO here it is…RIGHT after it was done. Thinking maybe getting the beak touched up after it heals and the color sets. Hard to tell since its all gooey and dripping ink looking lol

peacocktattoo.jpg

anonymous
Participant
@anonymous
B_Tattoo;112049 wrote:
SO I thought id update you all on my cover up. I found an artist that had previous cover up experiance and when I showed him what I have and what I wanted he said no problem. I just got it done yesterday so its still dark as we all know happens at first and then heals a bit lighter. SO here it is…RIGHT after it was done. Thinking maybe getting the beak touched up after it heals and the color sets. Hard to tell since its all gooey and dripping ink looking lol

That doesn’t look like it’s going to turn out well at all tbh with you, but I would be very interested in seeing a pic in a couple weeks. You really should have gone for the laser.

ArniVidar
@arnividar

There’s no picture there.

anonymous
Participant
@anonymous
ArniVidar;112102 wrote:
There’s no picture there.

Looks like the OP removed the pic. To sum it up, the artist simply went very, very dark in order to cover-up the previous tattoo. The suggestions for laser, an artist skilled in cover-ups and so forth apparently fell on deaf ears.

ArniVidar
@arnividar

Oh.. that’s sad. Would have liked to see it.

ilikejellyandinsects
Participant
@ilikejellyandinsects

With the right laser removal treatment and the right artist there are so many possibilities when it comes to cover ups. The tattoo place I’m going to in a few months have managed to cover up big, ugly, black tattoos with some beautiful, colorful tattoos (when I say colorful I mean dark colors, no way would you be able to cover that with light color). With a cover up you’ll have to have a lot of patience, and a lot of money.

I’m sure if you find a good, skilled artist who specializes in cover ups, they could try to cover your existing tattoo with something very similar to the new one you’ve designed.

EDIT: Ah didn’t read the rest of the thread, wish I could see the after pic though. If I were the OP I would of went out of my way to travel to another country far, far away to be able to cover that lol.

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.