B_Tattoo
Participant
@b_tattoo

Two years ago I got a tattoo that I THOUGHT I’d love. Little did I know I was a burden to my tattoo artist who the entire time acted as if he was wasting his time, mind you this was about half way through he changed his attitude. Anyways he took it upon himself to color in the wings of the angel black without asking. When i finally looked over and asked “what are you doing” he said “This is how I do my wings”. Didn’t say anything about the color during the consultation. So now I’ve grown to really hate it ๐Ÿ™ It was orginally something for my husband but now thinking about it the tattoo just isn’t me and I just hate it. I haven’t worn a tank top outside in 2 years I hate it so much.

So here it is…

tat-1.jpg

No i wasn’t a marine, but my husband is so thats why I got the quote on her sash. Thinking more and more about it im so self conscious about it because well like I said I’m not a marine or ever was.

This is what id love to cover it up with…

tat2-1.jpg

My new artist had it all drawn up and ready to make a stencil to do LAST NIGHT. Well he started thinking that no matter how dark of colors he uses you’d still be able to see the wings through it. So now we are back at the start. I really loved this idea too. The only other thing I can think of is a feminine Koi. I just want a tattoo that is very feminine like the peacock piece. Id love to get it done with in the next 2 weeks so when we go home to visit family I can show it off and wear some tank tops again finally…

Thank you for your time ๐Ÿ™‚

mrchen
Participant
@mrchen

it would be very difficult to cover those wings, they are spread wide and cover most of your arm,
so two options,

you can go to the best cover up guys in the country, someone like tim pangburn, do the travel, spend the money, he can cover this and you can let him design something……………..

or,

you can laser just the wings, a few sessions to lighten things up so you can get your first choice inked,
the laser hurts, you would need to get recommenadation to someone real good in your area because they are not all good, and this will take a while, but it would get the job done

Panter
Participant
@panter

I honestly think that you need to scrub the idea of getting it sorted in the next fortnight as I think you’ll just end up with another regret.
You’ve waited this long, just follow Mr C’s advice above

B_Tattoo
Participant
@b_tattoo

Yeah I understanding waiting is the best choice for sure. I did find a few designs that I think might work and sent them to te tattooer so I’ll just wait and see what he says. You’re right I’ve dealt with it this long. Just frustrating because I thought finally. And then for him to say nope not going to work.

What if he did the alive piece in black and grey and then did the flowers around it with color?

mrchen
Participant
@mrchen

from what I see it wont work on the left side for sure,
I go with Panters advice,
it aint good now, a failed fix up is just going to really difficult to handle

mrchen
Participant
@mrchen

now dont get me wrong, there is a guy here in atlanta Vince Villavalzo a friend of mine who can cover it, with what I am not sure, he would give you ideas, as would the artist I mentioned Tim Pangburn who is in PA,
but these guys may be far from you, and the dollars for travel may not be in your budget, but there are very few people who could pull this coverup off, I wouldnt take chances

B_Tattoo
Participant
@b_tattoo
mrchen;111471 wrote:
now dont get me wrong, there is a guy here in atlanta Vince Villavalzo a friend of mine who can cover it, with what I am not sure, he would give you ideas, as would the artist I mentioned Tim Pangburn who is in PA,
but these guys may be far from you, and the dollars for travel may not be in your budget, but there are very few people who could pull this coverup off, I wouldnt take chances

Unfortunatly that’s not in my budget. I did come up with an idea tho, what about making the wings look like leaves and putting the peacock head up and tail down so the feathers filled the body area and then the space not covered by the peacock do flowers like cherry blossoms??

peterpoose
Participant
@peterpoose

Love your new design!

Take your time and make sure you get it spot on this time around ๐Ÿ™‚

TheCanvas
Participant
@thecanvas

I really like the new design you have chosen to cover up your unwanted one with- but do think about this one carefully!
The process may take a while, but hopefully will be worth it in the end. ๐Ÿ™‚
Hope to see pictures soon showing off your new piece you are happy with!

anonymous
Participant
@anonymous

Do a few laser sessions and get it covered with the design you want. Don’t make the same mistake twice.

ArniVidar
@arnividar

Oh lawd, that’s a dreadful tattoo.

Your new idea is great, but there are VERY few things that could actually cover those wings of yours. If you don’t want to end up with an even worse tattoo that’s twice as difficult to re-fix, you will need to find a PROPER tattoo artist that’s very good at doing cover-ups. From your description of the situation I’d say your current one isn’t up to the challenge and you should not allow him to make it worse than it already is.

Wait, do laser and get a tattoo that you’ll REALLY like to show the world.

B_Tattoo
Participant
@b_tattoo

The closest laser place is 2+ hours away ๐Ÿ™

B_Tattoo
Participant
@b_tattoo
ArniVidar;111508 wrote:
Oh lawd, that’s a dreadful tattoo.

Your new idea is great, but there are VERY few things that could actually cover those wings of yours. If you don’t want to end up with an even worse tattoo that’s twice as difficult to re-fix, you will need to find a PROPER tattoo artist that’s very good at doing cover-ups. From your description of the situation I’d say your current one isn’t up to the challenge and you should not allow him to make it worse than it already is.

Wait, do laser and get a tattoo that you’ll REALLY like to show the world.

What other ideas do you have to cover the wings? I saw lots of pics online of black tats that were covered with color. He is a good artist just maybe not into cover ups??

peterpoose
Participant
@peterpoose
B_Tattoo;111640 wrote:
The closest laser place is 2+ hours away ๐Ÿ™

2 hours is not far lol

B_Tattoo
Participant
@b_tattoo
peterpoose;111648 wrote:
2 hours is not far lol

Well when you drive a suv, have 2 small children and a husband that works from 5am-6pm in the military and have no one to watch said children it is. Laser is just not an option. I had it done on a birth mark that insurance paid for as a teenager and it did squat to that. Kinda have no faith in lasers.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.