Squiz
Participant
@squiz

Hey guys, SO I’ve been thinking of getting a tattoo recently. I want something that’ll remind me to stay strong when I’m weak, and remember who I am when I’m lost. I just don’t know what I could get to symbolize that.

Another idea I had was to get a half sleeve of lyrics and phrases I like and have em scrawled on my arm, kinda like I was writing all over a piece of paper or journaling, if that makes sense. ๐Ÿ™‚

What do you guys think?

BananaBread
Participant
@bananabread

A big load of text on your arm just will not work, no one will be able to read it, it won’t flow properly and as you get older the lines will start to sag into one another.

For your first idea you could maybe have some kind of compass (for when you get lost), is there any imagery that you automatically associate with strength?

Write down the words that you want to represent then picture them in your mind and see what images you come up with.

Squiz
Participant
@squiz
BananaBread;111341 wrote:
A big load of text on your arm just will not work, no one will be able to read it, it won’t flow properly and as you get older the lines will start to sag into one another.

For your first idea you could maybe have some kind of compass (for when you get lost), is there any imagery that you automatically associate with strength?

Write down the words that you want to represent then picture them in your mind and see what images you come up with.

I kinda like the idea of a compass. ๐Ÿ™‚

I’ve been thinking, and I like the idea of a sword to represent strength. It’s clear, and represents it in several dimensions. Take what you want by force. Steel doesn’t break easily. It’d be short and broad, and kinda cartoonish.

I know I want these words on me:

There are times
I’ve suffered shipwreck in my journeys.
In perils of robbers;
In perils of false brethren;
In perils of my own design.
Yet, from these perils comes knowledge:
Only from within can we truly shine.

kittykat200
Participant
@kittykat200

i have seen someone with a sleeve full of quotes in different text fonts etc and have even referenced it before on this forum. A lot of people on this forum dont like text tattoos, i am not one of them, i have text myself, however, that being said, this is a bad idea, it looked dreadful,when i read the quote you posted above the first thing that comes to my mind is a big scene with a ship on rocky waves but with sun coming through the cloud above… now that is a far more powerful image in my mind ๐Ÿ™‚ x

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.