mrchen
Participant
@mrchen

again, for probably the millionth time, ask your artist.

ask him what you say?, ask him anything that has to do with your tattoo,

ask him about aftercare, he is an expert,

ask him how much it cost, he is the one whose time you are booking,

ask him to help you design your tattoo, he is a creative artist, he loves to create, he wont tattoo someone elses idea anyway, so let him do his job and create you somethig nice,

ask him about placement, he has tattooed thousands of people, he knows what works best,

ask him about color pallet, he knows what piece would look best in color and what would look super dope in black and grey

ask him about time, he knows how long he will take to complete this tattoo

ask him about the possibility of a cover up, he knows what can be pulled off and what cant

ask him about laser, he and or his friends have had laser done and he can recommend something for you

ask him about availability, he knows when he can get you worked in

ask your artist, ask your artist, ask your artist, they are the professional, they have all the answers

BananaBread
Participant
@bananabread

Thanks for the helpful inco. Next time I go I will make sure to print this off! 🙂

roxyryder
Participant
@roxyryder

Well said !

GrayCatLove
Participant
@graycatlove

Agreed, but some of us have talked to our artists, who’ve said, “You need to think about this and make up your own mind.” 😉

mrchen
Participant
@mrchen

be prepared, when an artist starts to get frustrated is when we dont listen to their advice or we are indecisive, if you experience too much resistance from that artist, may want to move on, book someone else, I dont do pieces in my skin with someone I am not 100% on the same page with, I want the best results,

and dont get pissed, sometimes you will not see eye to eye, its just human nature,

newdragon
Participant
@newdragon

I totally agree with the first post here. I have only been to 6 different artists and all have been more than happy to answer my questions and provide advice. Each time I have just explained my idea and then listened to the artists suggestions to make that tattoo work. My next piece will be my biggest and I know what I want in it but intend to let the artist do what he is known and respected for and that is creating masterpieces.

kittykat200
Participant
@kittykat200

i always like to have a clear intention of rough placement and subject matter and maybe some colours that appeal to me and dont, the rest i leave to them, but either way, still like to talk about it and bat around some ideas, we cant all be seasoned tattoo pros 😉

mrchen
Participant
@mrchen

you know it, the thing that surprises me and the reason I rote this post is……..most people seem to ask other enthusiasts of varying levels of experience these questions………………when our poor artist friends are just waiting for you to come ask them,

I can answer alot of stuff for people, I have a lot of ink, Ive spent so much time in shops, but there is no substitute for talking to the pro,

The pro can answser anything better than we can, I can, you can,

My friends who are now nationally known tattoo artists are fantastic creators, great designers and I think people should use them, take your ideas to them and let them use thier incredible skills

I think alot of enthusiasts think they need alot of information before going to see an artist………..you dont need any, just a thought……….they have all the rest in their head and heart, just waiting for you to ask for it

let you artist do what they love to do…………..Im telling you, thats when you will get the most amazing results

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.