kielkoala
Participant
@kielkoala

Hey guys just joined this forum since I’ll be getting some ink down for the next couple years. I just had to see some people’s opinion on the itty tattoo I’ve already got. Often people ask me what it means (roman numeral 2) and I regrettably tell them it’s a symbol for gemini usually the conversation ends with that. I had got it traveling when I was 18 back when I was all into the ‘new age’ thing and have slowly been growing out of it. Not that I don’t like the symbol of the two nor the fact that I am gemini but I just dislike categorizing with the zodiac – it seems cheesy in some way. It’s not like I read horoscopes I just found stars and their reflection on us interesting.

So that leaves me with this minimal (I do enjoy minimal art) obvious piece blank on my skin. In another way it feels like a waste of space on the arm which could have been used effectively now that I have large ideas for tattoos. I thought of maybe getting it removed and getting a piece over it but I’m not sure I want to use the money on that or if it would work that well with the symbol being so dark. So I figured my best bet would be to get a piece that flows with it to make it not such a bold statement.

I just wanted to know your enthusiast opinions on the piece and what direction I should go with it. Thanks 🙂

Here’s a picture:
7QFRx.jpg

Original six
Participant
@original-six

Looks quite faded so maybe a coloured cover up would work , 2or 3 sessions under the laser could help too

anonymous
Participant
@anonymous

I would go for a few laser sessions, especially since it’s solid black which is the easiest to laser. The lighter it is, the more options you have for a cover-up.

kielkoala
Participant
@kielkoala

Is there a rough idea of how much a few sessions would cost? Again does no one think I should leave it (seeing as how I don’t dislike the design just the boldness of it since it’s the only thing) and add around/into it to. Truthfully is it simply not a good looking tattoo with its placement? Would the minimal design be hard to work around with say a traditional ship or dark styled kraken?

Lizard King
Participant
@lizard-king

Since you have light colored skin and that looks like black ink, laser would be effective as those two combinations are where laser works best. Depending on where you live you will be looking at aaround $250 or more for each session. You probably won’t need more than 2-3 sessions for breaking it up and fading it really well. Full removal might take a little more time.

You also might want to look into fading it first with some DIY products (TCA) if you want a cover up.

Best thing if you’re interested in a cover up tattoo is to go talk to a reputable artist and ask them what they can do with it first.

Lizard King

BananaBread
Participant
@bananabread

If you want a really awesome kick ass tattoo that you will love for the rest of your life then get this lasered first.

If you want a tattoo that constantly reminds you that you could have gotten that annoying bit lasered and it would look so much better but now there is nothing you can do about it now as the chance has passed then just work around it.

mrchen
Participant
@mrchen

lighten with laser, cover it, as it stands it wouldnt cover well

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.