FiveStarSky
Participant
@fivestarsky

Alright, so here is the deal, I have a cross tattoo on my wrist, and for my own reasons, I no longer want it as I’ve come to realize christianity is not for me.

Now then, Here is my tattoo, on my left wrist, its about 3″ tall and about 2″ across.
IMAG0084.jpg

I want to either add to it, ( don’t think a cover up is possible ) to basically turn it into something else.

Right now, I can obviously make it into the letter “t” or if looked at sideways, an artistic looking “E”

Anyway, I’m just here for Ideas, Right now, I have an idea of the word “LOVE” going up my arm, but not sure on the exact design yet cuz of the line that would be sticking out of the back of the “E” looking kinda like this “-E”

A wristband could also be done, but i’m not too sure if I like that idea or not.

As far as tattoo’s, i like funny, and nerdy stuff ( not a flames and skulls type of person ) or just a cool design.

I would prefer to not have anything going up my forarm, unless it happens to be a design i really like.

Anyway, I’m thankful for any ideas you guys can give me.

anonymous
Participant
@anonymous

Solid black ink like that can easily be lasered, which is what I would recommend. The more of it you wipe it, the easier it will be to put something else there.

I’m with you on Christianity.

The Range
Participant
@the-range

Though the thick, solid black would make a cover-up difficult, I think that because it’s such a simple form that a lot of things could be done to it (that don’t require laser removal). The first thing I thought was that turned sideways, you could have text with a strike-through effect, and the current perpendicular line could be an I, for instance. I really do think that this won’t be nearly as tough of a cover-up job as it first appears, a cross is not an uncommon shape in most of nature and it’s simplicity makes it that much more able to be converted into something else.

mrchen
Participant
@mrchen

because it is so large I dont think a cover up would be easy, might end up being real big, Id get it lasered

FiveStarSky
Participant
@fivestarsky

Yeah, sorry, Obviously a cover up would be nearly impossilbe here, but an addition to whats there to change it into something else, I do see it could easily be turned into several different letters, and i’m not sure aobut removal. its not that I hate tattoo’s, I have others.

And the thing that i’m a bit worried about lazer, is that this tattoo has been done over several times ( very thin skin and its hard to get ink to look solid in that area ) so It could take several sessions to have it fully lazed off and that could easily add up to over $1000 vs paying a skilled artist to transform it into something else.

I’ve also played with the idea of making it into some random geometrical design of some sort, and a wrist band idea.

anonymous
Participant
@anonymous
FiveStarSky;110910 wrote:
Yeah, sorry, Obviously a cover up would be nearly impossilbe here, but an addition to whats there to change it into something else, I do see it could easily be turned into several different letters, and i’m not sure aobut removal. its not that I hate tattoo’s, I have others.

And the thing that i’m a bit worried about lazer, is that this tattoo has been done over several times ( very thin skin and its hard to get ink to look solid in that area ) so It could take several sessions to have it fully lazed off and that could easily add up to over $1000 vs paying a skilled artist to transform it into something else.

I’ve also played with the idea of making it into some random geometrical design of some sort, and a wrist band idea.

You don’t need to have it fully lasered off, but a couple sessions would help lighten it up considerably (especially since it’s solid black) and give you a far greater range of options for the coverup. Cost would depend on where you live and so forth. When I was at Clockwork Tattoo in MA, there was a guy from another local shop hanging out in there who had 2 sessions at $100 each down south (“all you can take for $100”) and not only was 80% of his upper sleeve gone, but there was zero scarring. Granted I would always be cautious w/ treatment that cheap, but I’m just pointing out there are some decent inexpensive options out there. Anyway, cost shouldn’t be your primary concern for a tattoo and if it is, then you pretty much get what you deserve.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.