ALEX55
Participant
@alex55

It has been almost 3 weeks since I got my first tattoo and I think I’m addicted XD I am going in for a touch up on Monday after school and if my artist isn’t busy I am going to show him my next idea for my right arm to try to get a price estimate on it. I want to get a picture of Jesus being crucified (or Jesus with the crown of thorns crying blood if he can’t fit the crucifixion in) and I want to get a picture of Mary crying blood. I also want the text.. “Pain is Inevitable Suffering is Optional” somewhere in there. My question for you guys is do you think it would look better with Pain is Inevitable at the top and Suffering is Optional at the bottom? Or both on top? Both on the bottom? should i put a comma? Any help would be appreciated. Also, I eventually want to get a tattoo to connect both “half sleeves” (in quotes because it doesn’t cover the inside of my arms so not a half sleeve technically) and i want the word karma on my chest in old english and a demon wing on the Geek side and an angel wing on the Catholic side but i don’t want them to overlap but leave almost no skin in between. I have been looking up demon and angel wings but I can’t find any bad ass ones that have the similar shape if anyone is bored and wants to help out that’d be great. Thanks for reading!

DavidJednat
Participant
@davidjednat

Let the image speak for itself. I would leave out the text. The crucifixion is a very powerful image on its own. I tattoo words on people all the time. One or two words can work in a lot of tattoos but when you do any more than that it can start to look funky because words aren’t meant to be written on an uneven canvas. They are meant to be read from a flat surface where they won’t ever be distorted.

Just my two cents.

ALEX55
Participant
@alex55
DavidJednat;110099 wrote:
Let the image speak for itself. I would leave out the text. The crucifixion is a very powerful image on its own. I tattoo words on people all the time. One or two words can work in a lot of tattoos but when you do any more than that it can start to look funky because words aren’t meant to be written on an uneven canvas. They are meant to be read from a flat surface where they won’t ever be distorted.

Just my two cents.

thank you very much i appreciate that, that was my original idea but i thought it would give the wrong impression that i was like an atheist which is not me at all. i just think the quote would be better suited for the tattoo, i know the tattoo is only for the wearer but i dont want to give off the wrong impression

iggybuddi
Participant
@iggybuddi
ALEX55;110101 wrote:
thank you very much i appreciate that, that was my original idea but i thought it would give the wrong impression that i was like an atheist which is not me at all. i just think the quote would be better suited for the tattoo, i know the tattoo is only for the wearer but i dont want to give off the wrong impression

Gotta say, I don’t know of an atheist who would get jesus tattoed on them. As an atheist myself, I wouldn’t ink myself with one of the main symbols of religion and flaunt what i find wrong with the world. It’s cool that you don’t want to give off the wrong impression. But anybody I see walking down the street with a tattoo of jesus generally screams at me that they believe in him. Just an atheistic point of view. Good luck!

ALEX55
Participant
@alex55
iggybuddi;110109 wrote:
Gotta say, I don’t know of an atheist who would get jesus tattoed on them. As an atheist myself, I wouldn’t ink myself with one of the main symbols of religion and flaunt what i find wrong with the world. It’s cool that you don’t want to give off the wrong impression. But anybody I see walking down the street with a tattoo of jesus generally screams at me that they believe in him. Just an atheistic point of view. Good luck!

I’m sorry if i offended you i guess atheist isn’t the correct term. i guess i just didn’t want to seem like someone who liked to see jesus suffer does that make sense? i have been looking for bible quotes for similar meanings that i could put so the text isn’t too long but i have been unsuccessful. if anyone else has any input it would be greatly appreciated. thank you for the 2 people who replied

anonymous
Participant
@anonymous
ALEX55;110110 wrote:
I’m sorry if i offended you i guess atheist isn’t the correct term. i guess i just didn’t want to seem like someone who liked to see jesus suffer does that make sense? i have been looking for bible quotes for similar meanings that i could put so the text isn’t too long but i have been unsuccessful. if anyone else has any input it would be greatly appreciated. thank you for the 2 people who replied

An image of the crucifixion isn’t going to portray you as an atheist, Satanist, or anything other than a Christian. If you want the text without the long quotes, just go with the standard Bible passage reference (e.g. John 3:16).

BananaBread
Participant
@bananabread

If I saw someone with a tattoo of the crucifixion on someone I would automatically think they were a christian, it would never cross my mind that they enjoy watching Christ suffer. After all every church I’ve ever been in usually has a huge depiction of the crucifixion right above the alter. I say get the tattoo without the text, it will definitely speak for itself.

iggybuddi
Participant
@iggybuddi
ALEX55;110110 wrote:

It didn’t offend me. With or without the text, the tattoo will portray you as a christian. Good luck!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.