peterpoose
Participant
@peterpoose

I am getting a full colour sleeve soon and I am wondering what happens lets say 10-15 years down the line ( maybe faster I’m not sure how long it takes to fade?) when your tattoo fades?

As I understand colour fades quicker than B/G, so what happens when I need a touch up?

Does or should the original artist touch it up?

Are you able to go over it again to renew it?

Can another artist renew with not too much trouble as the ink is already there?

Thanks

mrchen
Participant
@mrchen

even trying to take care of good work as long as we can they still loose brightness,
I wear sunscreen and long sleeves if Iam going to be outside,

I did have my oldest tattoos recolored, the stuff on my outer biceps, original artist actually wanted another artist friend of mine to do the work, he did and they were better than the original….the artist I used is a cover up master so he is very good at making something look better

peterpoose
Participant
@peterpoose
mrchen;109998 wrote:
even trying to take care of good work as long as we can they still loose brightness,
I wear sunscreen and long sleeves if Iam going to be outside,

I did have my oldest tattoos recolored, the stuff on my outer biceps, original artist actually wanted another artist friend of mine to do the work, he did and they were better than the original….the artist I used is a cover up master so he is very good at making something look better

Doesn’t wearing long sleeves kind of take away from having an awesome piece of artwork that you can show off?

This is what is worrying me a little, as I drive alot and my arm is always out in the sun. I wont wear a long sleeve. so I am wondering what is the process for getting it re coloured again? How long will it take to fade roughly?

Inkmywholebodi
Participant
@inkmywholebodi

There is no set fading timer or standard. Everyones skin is different, it all depends on the care you take with them and how long and rough the exposure is. Showing them off is always nice but dont forget thats a fair amount of money on you so take care of those babies.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.