lbwhite89
@

I got my first and only tattoo when I was 18. It’s a dragonfly on my lower back, all black ink. I like it, but I can’t see it and neither can anyone else because of the location.

For my next tattoo, I’d like a location that people can see, but that I can easily hide if I’m in a professional situation (I’m wanting to go into Probation and Parole, so I’ll need to look presentable in court). I think upper arm tattoos are generally unattractive on women and shoulder tattoos are just overdone (yeah, I know, like tramp stamps aren’t).

I was originally thinking in between my shoulder blades, but would that look strange considering the only other tattoo I have is a foot and a half below it?

Another idea I had was my outer thigh — visible when I wear shorts, but not pencil skirts. What type of tattoos look best in this area? I found this and thought text might be an option, but I don’t want another plain black tattoo. Maybe roses or something like this?

I’m pretty feminine and shy and not the type that people would expect to have a visible tattoo, so I don’t want anything really crazy, but I want it to be big enough to be noticeable and look good.

Any ideas? On tattoo locations or types of tattoos for those locations?

peterpoose
Participant
@peterpoose

I personally really like the side tattooed on a woman down the side and across the hip and down to the outer thigh.

Not sure how big you want it or what style but here are ones I like ๐Ÿ™‚

417943beautifulbodyartcherrytree.jpg

997images (2).jpg

135174images.jpg

704550images (1).jpg

BananaBread
Participant
@bananabread

I’ve just had a piece done on my side and the location is brill for keeping it hidden when at work but easy to show off if I want to. The pictures above are good I really like the third one, very feminine but not over the top colourful.

whosyourdaddy
@
lbwhite89;109907 wrote:
I got my first and only tattoo when I was 18. It’s a dragonfly on my lower back, all black ink. I like it, but I can’t see it and neither can anyone else because of the location.

For my next tattoo, I’d like a location that people can see, but that I can easily hide if I’m in a professional situation (I’m wanting to go into Probation and Parole, so I’ll need to look presentable in court). I think upper arm tattoos are generally unattractive on women and shoulder tattoos are just overdone (yeah, I know, like tramp stamps aren’t).

I was originally thinking in between my shoulder blades, but would that look strange considering the only other tattoo I have is a foot and a half below it?
Another idea I had was my outer thigh — visible when I wear shorts, but not pencil skirts. What type of tattoos look best in this area? I found this and thought text might be an option, but I don’t want another plain black tattoo. Maybe roses or something like this?

I’m pretty feminine and shy and not the type that people would expect to have a visible tattoo, so I don’t want anything really crazy, but I want it to be big enough to be noticeable and look good.

Any ideas? On tattoo locations or types of tattoos for those locations?

I would recommend a tattoo in this location…

tattoo-pink-400a061107.jpg

3051350681_2f21b8572e.jpg

i just did one last nights on a female clients, she was more than happy with it.
but anyways that’s a nice discrete area but at the same time you can show it off!

In the summer time or warm weather you can were a spaghetti strapped top and show it off and when its time to git’ Pro-fessional just slip on a formal top that covers your skin.

with this client from yesterday, she had only font… on her back in calligraphy writing and it looked really nice… but any image you choose will look nice in that area. I would recommend roses or a lotus. I could go on and on with ideas. the sky is the limit. as long as the tattoo design looks good and flows together than most likely it will look GREAT on your skin in any area.

GrayCatLove
Participant
@graycatlove

I love the upper back/shoulder, but it’s a bit hard to enjoy as far as one’s own viewing. I like my little cherry blossom on my outer thigh, and it’s still even covered by hot pants. In a bikini, it’s clear for view. I also really like the front of the thigh as it offers a nice, smooth canvas, and it’s so nice to be greeted by a lovely image when looking at your own lap.

whosyourdaddy
@
GrayCatLove;109948 wrote:
I love the upper back/shoulder, but it’s a bit hard to enjoy as far as one’s own viewing. I like my little cherry blossom on my outer thigh, and it’s still even covered by hot pants. In a bikini, it’s clear for view. I also really like the front of the thigh as it offers a nice, smooth canvas, and it’s so nice to be greeted by a lovely image when looking at your own lap.

yeah, I understand its not as sweet if you cant *ENJOY* it yourself…

you can look at my profile pictures, there is a tattoo I have done recently on the thigh region…

its a feminine one so you can get an idea, its just the liner she doesn’t want color yet…

I too have my entire left leg covered in tattoos!! I love em’! although mostly tribal.

so again, the thigh is a great spot especially since you can wear bikinis and not seem ‘creepy’ as I would…

I personally like the rose picture you posted it looks great! you should get something similar to that.

GrayCatLove
Participant
@graycatlove

I love the flower tattoo as your profile pic. ๐Ÿ™‚ Very pretty!

kittykat200
Participant
@kittykat200

i feel like i just stepped back in time…

get what you like and are comfortable with hun, whatever things appeal to you, research them and styles and artists and spend a few months thinking about one design, if after a few months you’re still considering other designs then wait longer until you find something you’re super happy with.

Shoulder is ok, but like you said its not really somewhere you can see yourself, i have my ribs one one side done and about to have my whole left side done and its great because i can see it and show it off whenever i like but just a normal top of any kind still covers it so i dont have to worry about unwanted eyes so im with peterpoose with this one, its a great location ๐Ÿ™‚ good luck and let us know what you come up with x

Inkmywholebodi
Participant
@inkmywholebodi

I personally love the look of a good rib/side piece on a girl, but I agree with kittykat completley, def get something that you want. Good luck!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.