jamesbaa
Participant
@jamesbaa

Do you think its acceptable to get a sugar/candy skull done in grey scale or do you think they should only be done with with the vibrant colour’s?

mrchen
Participant
@mrchen

as part of the original mexican design is the use of bright colors I would say bright color

yodaddynukka
Participant
@yodaddynukka

I like color also but ive also seen some really good b/g as well.

jamesbaa
Participant
@jamesbaa

jamesbaa
Participant
@jamesbaa

This is similar to what i want to get
day-of-the-dead_large.jpg
but looking at having the hands and the bright red rose added to the above
Day_of_the_Dead_Best_by_hatefulss_large.jpg

Thinking about having it on the side of my calf and hoping the hands can be used to keep it in proportion

peterpoose
Participant
@peterpoose

As I mentioned in another post I really really like this style of tattoo. Colour or b/g both look awesome to me!

BigZach
Participant
@bigzach

I think that would be an awesome piece, go for it!

kittykat200
Participant
@kittykat200

i think they look good in either but… i so much prefer the colour for these, i think it gives them just that extra something that really makes them stand out. I hope you are planning to use an artist as good as those in your examples! 😉

jamesbaa
Participant
@jamesbaa

Thanks for the input people, Iv spoken to a local tattoo artist who mentioned giving the face red lips aswel which i like the idea of!

Can anyone give a rough idea of how long i should expect it to take? i know there are a million and one variables but its my first tattoo and i really have no idea! The tattoist i spoke to said around 3 hours but i just thought that sounded extreamly quick?

kittykat200
Participant
@kittykat200

find a better artist, a local one you’ve found wont do it justice. i have pm’d you back but i might as well tell you here, be patient, and wait for corden, it’ll be worth it once you manage to get an appointment 🙂 x

ArniVidar
@arnividar
kittykat200;109631 wrote:
a local one you’ve found wont do it justice.

How can you say that without knowing the artist. What if you happen to find out you live two doors down from Dmitriy Samokhin? Why can’t good talent exist locally?

jamesbaa
Participant
@jamesbaa

Can anyone point me in the direction of any london or south east artists who they can recomend?

peterpoose
Participant
@peterpoose

Also Jason Butcher @ http://www.immortalink.co.uk/

kittykat200
Participant
@kittykat200

because i live in the area and everyone i know who says it comes out with average tat lol i could be jumping the gun of course and if they turn out to be an exceptional undiscovered talent then i shall eat my words im sure, but if you want one of these and there is a renowned artist within a couple of hours drive, why would you look elsewhere? lol im trying to talk my friend out of getting a floral back piece from “this guy i found in lightwater…” they sadly dont have the same standards that i have now developed for good art lol x

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.