Crikey_cowgirl
Participant
@crikey_cowgirl

Hi everyone! I am new to this forum but not new to getting ink. I plan on finally getting the half sleeve of my dreams when I get my tax refund in the mail. It will be an upper arm half sleeve. It is going to be a memorial tattoo of my horse that passed away last year. I had actually planned on getting this tat while he was still alive. But anyways…

I want a black and grey portrait in the center of my upper arm with some script writing around the portrait. then above the picture I want a sunset. below the portrait I want I want some grass and wild flowers (what ever color the artist thinks would look best). any way it will be pretty elaborate.

this will be the largest tattoo Ill have on my body. The question is should I break it up into a couple sessions or do it all in one sitting. I have a very high pain tolerance and sit very well for tattooing. the longest I have sat for was three hours for my rib tattoo.

qen
Participant
@qen

I always tell my artist to take his time and work at a comfortable pace. If a piece gets done in one sitting, then good. If I have to come back, that’s fine, too. The last thing you want is a tattoo artist that is rushing himself.

Crikey_cowgirl
Participant
@crikey_cowgirl

True…I really do not mind doing either method. Its my dream tattoo ill do what I have to do:)

Funk
Participant
@funk

Doesn’t sound like something to do in one sitting, but who knows? Everyone works at their own pace. I’m sure this isn’t a 3-hour job though.

Crikey_cowgirl
Participant
@crikey_cowgirl

@Funk yeah Im sure its more like 6. I go leave a deposit for this piece next week, So Ill be discussing the time frames with my artist. I will most likely get the portrait and script first, then when that heals, go back and get all the filling finished.

anonymous
Participant
@anonymous

Let the artist know that you’ll sit as long as he/she wants and let him/her decide. Most artists that I’ve talked to aren’t willing to do an entire sleeve in one sitting, but there are exceptions. Tony Mancia’s assistant told me Tony banged out an entire sleeve at a convention. It took him 12+ hours and Tony supposedly works very fast.

mrchen
Participant
@mrchen

hopefully you have chosen a real professional artist, he or she should call and end to the sitting if the piece is getting too overworked, healing is the major consideration

you dont want to do so much work you cant heal the piece properly, not good for you, not good for artist

I tell them to proceed as long as they wish, the only pieces I have done in sessions were my sleeves

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.