SnuggleSlut
@

I’m writing an article about how tattoos affect your ability to secure a job.

What are your opinions? Feedback or comments left on the article would be super appreciated so I can write a better article in the future!

Thanks 🙂

Zorba
Participant
@zorba

Only among the unethical.

anonymous
Participant
@anonymous

First post, spam. Second post …

It would be unethical for a business owner to do anything to jeopardize profits as his/her first responsibility is to his shareholders. We’ve had this discussion and it’s obvious you haven’t even made an effort to view this issue objectively. If a business owner has genuine cause to believe that visible tattoos will hurt profits and thus hurt is shareholders, he not only has the right, but an ethical obligation to his shareholders to prioritize profits and if that means asking his employees to cover up or not hiring someone with LOVE/HATE across their knuckles, then so be it.

GrayCatLove
Participant
@graycatlove

I think we’ve evolved to the point where we don’t mind if certain individuals have tattoos – However, if you’re in a conservative business, them’s the breaks, kid. I would really struggle in my field if I had tattoos in an area like my arms, no matter how good I was. Ergo, I don’t do it. End of story.

kcgreyhound
Participant
@kcgreyhound
D3FiANC3;108903 wrote:
First post, spam. Second post …

If a business owner has genuine cause to believe that visible tattoos will hurt profits and thus hurt is shareholders, he not only has the right, but an ethical obligation to his shareholders to prioritize profits and if that means asking his employees to cover up or not hiring someone with LOVE/HATE across their knuckles, then so be it.

I agree with this post. I’m venturing into “taboo” tattoo zone when I get a sleeve next month. I teach in a public school, and I have the blessing of my current employer. That doesn’t mean he will always be my employer, and I may have to cover the tattoo up in the future with job change or a new superintendent. It’s a risk I’m willing to take, because I want it. That said, I still think the employer has the right. Tattoos shouldn’t matter, but if a company image is determined to include no ink…that’s how it is.

brianwillo
Participant
@brianwillo

I just recently wrote an article about this topic for a college report, Ill break it down to the meat and potatos of it though. It depends greatly on the job that you are looking for and the level of comfort that you want to have everyday. I know that in a physical labor job such as a warehouse employee or a builder or something like that it does not matter, however if you want to work in an office and not be in a dark back room of some IT company you may want to keep them easially covered. There is always the option of ending an arm piece above the writs but you would still have to wear something long sleeved everyday and this can be uncomfortable. While tattoos have became more mainstream in the past couple years you have to realize that some people just do not like them and will turn away from a business if you have something no matter how artistic it is. Thats just the short and curlys of it, so plan accordingly.

Panter
Participant
@panter

All you need is there ^^^^^

But, if you want more, there’s a sticky here

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.