bluey
Participant
@bluey

I have observed most people with half sleeves have both arms tattooed. Many people with Full or 3/4 sleeves only have one arm done. and the other arm has no tattoo or some really small tattoo. I know they could have just finished it and are in the planning process for the other arm, but the number of people vs people with 2 sleeves is about 10 :1 from my unscientific observations, whilst half sleeves for both arms is very common. Does anyone know if there is any explanation as to why?

Amok
Participant
@amok

No idea mate, personal preference perhaps?

msmercury
Participant
@msmercury

That’s interesting. Nothing comes to mind right off the top, though. Hmmmmmmm…….:confused:

yodaddynukka
Participant
@yodaddynukka

its a rule. you have to do what everyone does.

kcgreyhound
Participant
@kcgreyhound

Could be a money thing? I would bet if you asked people with full sleeves, they’re probably considering a second.

mrchen
Participant
@mrchen

I am guessing that after spending 20-40 hours with a good artis that they are planning, deciding on an artist and saving for the next sleeve…………..I doubt that they will remain uninked on the other arm any longer than they have to, dont you think?

bluey
Participant
@bluey

There are many High profile sports people with only one sleeve and they have been that way for years. Money should be no problem and “fame” should get them to the front of any queue. I was talking to one guy (not sports star) and I asked him when he was getting his other arm done and he said he was going for his back and would most probably get his other done eventually but he though it was a ‘fashion’ statement of have a only one full sleeve, so I was curious if this concept of fashionable for one sleeve was common.

Morwin Nerdbane
Participant
@morwin-nerdbane

For me; my half sleeve is and always be a half even though I’d love a full sleeve. I’ll have a second half sleeve too once I can decide on a theme.

I’m a half sleever because I want to teach English and in summer I’m pretty sure I’d sweat my ass off in full sleeved shirts.

I don’t think money is an issue. If you care that much and want one that much you save up. I’m a student in a part time job and even I can save for ink. Maybe people can’t decide on themes, like me, so put it off.

Cledus985
Participant
@cledus985

I have a couple mismatched tattoos one one arm, with no real way to tie them into a sleeve. They are all above a tshirt sleeve line. So after dabbling around with those then i decided to do some research and go full force with a cohesive full sleeve on the other arm.
One day maybe ill figure out how to bring the whole arm together and make it a sleeve. If not I will only have one.

kcgreyhound
Participant
@kcgreyhound
Cledus985;108761 wrote:
I have a couple mismatched tattoos one one arm, with no real way to tie them into a sleeve. They are all above a tshirt sleeve line. So after dabbling around with those then i decided to do some research and go full force with a cohesive full sleeve on the other arm.
One day maybe ill figure out how to bring the whole arm together and make it a sleeve. If not I will only have one.

Now that seems like a very logical reason. Applicable to me as well.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.