Morwin Nerdbane
Participant
@morwin-nerdbane

Well well well. Long time no see. Havn’t been on for a REALLY long time.
Thought I’d share my new half sleeve with you. Went for a slightly modern spin on the Japanese flowers

http://i1188.photobucket.com/albums/z406/Morwin_Nerdbane/WP_000953.jpg%5B/IMG%5D“%5DWP_000953.jpg

http://i1188.photobucket.com/albums/z406/Morwin_Nerdbane/WP_000957.jpg%5B/IMG%5D“%5DWP_000957.jpg

(if the links don’t work then I’ve put the pics in my album on here)

I apologise for the quality of the pics, it’s hard trying to take a pic with one arm in the mirror with your phone in terrible lighting while trying to keep your boob in your dressing gown.

It’s still very much at the scabby tender stage in the pic but I think you can see a bit of my writing cover up in a couple of the lotus petals. I’d be greatful for any ideas of how to disguise it better. ALSO, the tat doesn’t cover the inside of my arm, I have a couple of Japanese ideas to fill it but I was wondering what you guys thought about mixing tattoo cultures within once piece….

Let me know what you think.

It’s good to be back ๐Ÿ˜€

EDIT: WOW the pic quality really is shocking. It’s not a dusty mirror it’s just my terrible phone cam. The flowers are REALLY bright in reality; almost electric colours. ALSO one of my mates asked if it was finished in ref to the band of smoke at the front, you think it needs a bit more shading to make it look more complete?

mrchen
Participant
@mrchen

no doubt smoke doesnt look finished, pretty nice work from what I can see but pic is rough, welcome back

kittykat200
Participant
@kittykat200

hi, the flowers look beautiful, but i would agree the smoke and other fill in areas look unfinished, are you planning to cover all the writing or just the bit you have already covered? to be honest, you CAN mix tattoo styles but this looks so lovely in this style that i think that if you want it to come inside your arm i would just continue the current theme as its working so well already! welcome back ๐Ÿ™‚ xxx

Morwin Nerdbane
Participant
@morwin-nerdbane

Thanks guys ๐Ÿ™‚ I’ve booked in on Mon for a bit of work doing on the smoke.

I’m going to leave the bit of writing exposed. I only got rid of the other bit cos it started to smudge a bit; one of the words was almost in a cloud of it’s own ink…..weird. The rest is still important to me and I want it there, it says ‘the deeper that sorrow carves into your being the more joy you can contain’

I’ll get some more pics up once the smoke is sorted. I’ll make the fella take them so the quality should be a bit better lol

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.