mrchen
Participant
@mrchen

I am so happy Josh Woods kicked serious ass last night on the critique tattoo.
I thought he kinda got robbed on the challange, I admired Shane Oneils piece for creativity but I thought Josh’s piece was a very good use of color, was painted better and looked like a tattoo!

However the good old traditional seperated the men from the boys!
I want to make a statement………if you are gong to be Ink Master you must be able to do this work.

Traditional is the basis of American Color tattooing, for more than 100 years this is the style done by some of the greatest names in American tattooing. Now with american tattooing, neo traditional and traditional many people are realizing just how good this shit looks from 20 feet and last? this stuff lasts forever. Simplicity does make a good point, it lasts and looks goood a LONG time.

I knew Joshs background and I knew he could knock this out of the park………..but I was suprised no one else could…………hang in there Jsoh can do alot more you havent seen!

DavidJednat
Participant
@davidjednat

I’m still not sure. Which one are you rooting for? ……kidding.

mrchen
Participant
@mrchen

Dave you are funny………..now dont get me wrong, I like Shane, Bili, Lea, Heather, James, Tommy, Al, Jeremey, even Al, dont know much about B Tat not sure where he hails from,

But yeah, Josh is the shit, I like him, real down to earth guy, a regular guy……..not the kind that usually get picked for a TV show!

Aussie Tom
Participant
@aussie-tom

I didn’t see the episode but it seems like it was americana traditional. Yes Chen I am happy to see you acknowledge this style and tradition!
In short too mate, B-tat is the joke of the tattoo world.

Thaela
Participant
@thaela

I didn’t really know what the “American style” tattoo was – I thought it was more skull/flag kinda thing – I didn’t realize it was the thicker lines and bolder color. Really interesting.

That’s why I watch this show, I’m learning a lot 🙂

Dasch-attack
Participant
@dasch-attack

Josh woods definitely deserved that one!! I am going for either him or shane to win it.

kittykat200
Participant
@kittykat200

is there maybe an online link for us UK peeps to watch it because i cant get it anywhere here 🙁 x

mrchen
Participant
@mrchen

the folks over at bigtattooplanet found it, they watch them all, there is a thread, but I dont remember how

mrchen
Participant
@mrchen

Ink Master | Tattoo Competition Reality Show | Full Episodes | Spike | Fresh Meat | Season 1 | Free Full Episodes | Spike You can watch it on Spikes website. It’s strange US networks let us watch stuff on their sites but I’m not complaining.

here you go, free!

kcgreyhound
Participant
@kcgreyhound

I’m addicted to this show. I saw a scroll at the bottom of the screen that said that they’re looking for people for next season. Do you think they’re looking for artists or subjects “canvasses”? That would be fun to offer myself up.

mrchen
Participant
@mrchen

la ink was 2000 bucks for tattoo, choose your artist, have good sob story, Im not sure you would want to go thru any TV tattoo, just come on south and have Josh and his crew lay some ink in you

Adler
Participant
@adler

I liked Shane’s tattoo alot but it was more of a neo-traditional style as were a few others. I was surprised to see Josh pull off something like that, I’m also a big fan of traditional style tattooing. I’m still going for Shane but I think Josh nailed it. I thought Vegas was better than what he showed, that other girl should be gone.

anonymous
Participant
@anonymous

Josh is a fantastic artist and one I’d be proud to get inked by, but to be honest, he comes off as a bit of a crybaby. Any time he doesn’t win, he tells the judges they’re wrong, blames it on favoritism, etc. And he’s constantly complaining about Shane not being able to do color and meanwhile, Josh is no more well-balanced. Egos .. bleh.

kcgreyhound
Participant
@kcgreyhound

I think Tommy is a threat. He’s been in the thick every time…good solid tattoos. I could see him winning this. If this show is edited to the max (like most “reality shows” are), they might be setting Shane up for a fall through creative selection of clips.

anonymous
Participant
@anonymous
kcgreyhound;107403 wrote:
I think Tommy is a threat. He’s been in the thick every time…good solid tattoos. I could see him winning this. If this show is edited to the max (like most “reality shows” are), they might be setting Shane up for a fall through creative selection of clips.

I don’t personally love Tommy’s work, but hes definitely a skilled artist. I did see one back piece that he did in a mag that I thought was amazing. He’s got a shot, but Josh and Shane are the best artists there imho. I have no idea why Lea is really still there. The challenges she does well in seem to be the ones that aren’t actual tattooing. :/

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.