Carnifex
Participant
@carnifex

Hey, Im looking to get a decent amount of work done to fill out my sleeve.
Seems like every highly recommended artist is booked for months & costs upwards of $300 . While of course I want quality, I imagine I can get it for $100-$200. I was hoping someone could maybe recommend some who does tattoo out of their home ( in which case the shop overhead isn’t present). Im in Atlanta, advice appreciated.

Realistic style.

mrchen
Participant
@mrchen

we do not support anyone who tattooes out of a home………….

however, I would like to help you get it done right, go to Now or Never Tattoo in Conyers, see Grant the manager at counter, tell him mrchen sent you over, get Mike Bugenhagen or Chris Huff

Get hooked up right, decent $$

Carnifex
Participant
@carnifex
mrchen;107209 wrote:
we do not support anyone who tattooes out of a home………….

however, I would like to help you get it done right, go to Now or Never Tattoo in Conyers, see Grant the manager at counter, tell him mrchen sent you over, get Mike Bugenhagen or Chris Huff

Get hooked up right, decent $$

Thats like 25 miles away, so should I just call as opposed to just show up only to be told to come back in months?

I don’t really care if it’s in home or not, I’m just being a baby about the waiting time. It seems like anyone decent you have to wait a century for & ATL is in demand for quality artists.

I finally got the idea for my next tatt (after thinking about it for the last 1.5-2 months), and better yet I have the artwork completely drawn & illustrated on paper. My issue is patience, I preferably would like to get the line work done in 2-2.5 weeks. My ideal artist would be somone who has a quality portfolio of realistic style, is <= $200/hr, and I can come in and get the linework done in 2-2.5 weeks. It's a 2-3 session tatt, so I find it annoying that I have to wait 1.5 months cuz some guy is booked to go get linework done when the drawing phase should be short (relative to other peoples tatts) wait another 1.5 months to get the shading & color etc. In anycase I appreciate your advice, & thanks for the reco. I know you know the ATL well, so now that you know more about my situation better is there any other artist(s) you may know that I should consider looking into?

mrchen
Participant
@mrchen

you have to understand, you want the hardest style immediately,

those guys are in demand, they are 3-6 months out up to a year

I would call Now or Never, they can get to you sooner than anyone and still do a nice job

you could try Vince Villalvazo at Mystic Owl in Marietta but he is probably 3-4 months, unless you get lucky,

you will not get charged 200 and hour by any of these guys……..if you do quite a few hours you will average about 125

slravene
Participant
@slravene

Dave Tedder at All or Nothing just finished my 7 session half sleeve and I know for a fact that he is never booked out more than 1 month. It is his “thing”

He is also less than $200/hour.

There are TONS of quality artists that arent booked way out. Just go to any of the reputable shops in the area and ask (or call). You wont get a bad tattoo at a GOOD, REPUTABLE shop.

mrchen
Participant
@mrchen

Dave wont book out far, he thinks too many people cancel that way, he is very good, 150 an hour,he will usually work for a little less on many hour piece, hes cool cat, but slow (he did my right sleeve)

anonymous
Participant
@anonymous

You guys are wasting your time. The OP has made it very clear that he doesn’t care about quality. Hell, he specifically posted a thread requesting a scratcher.

mrchen
Participant
@mrchen

I can only lead them to water…………..cant make them drink

Carnifex
Participant
@carnifex
D3FiANC3;107565 wrote:
You guys are wasting your time. The OP has made it very clear that he doesn’t care about quality. Hell, he specifically posted a thread requesting a scratcher.

This statement couldn’t be further from the truth. I think I had a somewhat lucky first expereince, in that I was a walk in at two not particularly reputable shops for my first tattoo which was about 10 hours of work. Luckily the guy who did the coloring was real good & better than the dude who did the line work. I love the way my tattoo turned out, although after research realized I certainly rushed it & could have gotten a very bad tattoo. That said I was asking about people who do stuff from their house because I have seen other peoples Tatts which were real good & cheaper. Inanycase I imagine these individuals are hard to find.

Carnifex
Participant
@carnifex
slravene;107513 wrote:
Dave Tedder at All or Nothing just finished my 7 session half sleeve and I know for a fact that he is never booked out more than 1 month. It is his “thing”

He is also less than $200/hour.

I got an appointment with Mike Mcmahon, almost two months from now. Since you said this I checked out his work & I’m considering switching. What pisses me off is the guys at the front don’t really discuss prices & say it “depends”. Ok I know it depends but if the guy tries to charge me more than $200/hr I’m probably going to cancel, & I don’t see the harm of mentioning a ballpark range .

Do any of you guys know how much Mike is ballpark range per hour?

There are TONS of quality artists that arent booked way out. Just go to any of the reputable shops in the area and ask (or call). You wont get a bad tattoo at a GOOD, REPUTABLE shop.

Which shops?

I know All or Nothing, after that it seems there is huge drop off in Available talent & a shortage of good Artists.

anonymous
Participant
@anonymous
Carnifex;107711 wrote:
Which shops?

I know All or Nothing, after that it seems there is huge drop off in Available talent & a shortage of good Artists.

Deano Cook’s Psycho Tattoo is in Atlanta also. So is Russ Abbott’s Ink & Dagger Tattoo. And Tony Mancia’s Mancia Studio. Thirty minutes outside of Atlanta you have Vince Vallavazo. These are only the artists/shops I could think of off the cuff. The amount of talent in the Atlanta area is mind-blowing.

Carnifex;107710 wrote:
That said I was asking about people who do stuff from their house because I have seen other peoples Tatts which were real good & cheaper. Inanycase I imagine these individuals are hard to find.

We would all love to see photos of these “real good” tattoos or better yet, the portfolios of the artists who did them.

Motorcycles.Tattoos
Participant
@motorcycles-tattoos

Im in Atlanta too. I go to Southern Star Tattoos. I wouldn’t go anywhere else. And i have alot of good work done. PM for more info dude.

yodaddynukka
Participant
@yodaddynukka

You seriously wouldnt go anywhere else? Not sayin that your spot is bad (i havent seen any of the wok) but even considering the other great options in atl?

Motorcycles.Tattoos
Participant
@motorcycles-tattoos
yodaddynukka;107753 wrote:
You seriously wouldnt go anywhere else? Not sayin that your spot is bad (i havent seen any of the wok) but even considering the other great options in atl?

i might go somewhere else if i had a fortune to spend on tattoos and i was willing to wait months and months for someone famous. they don’t do bad work.

mrchen
Participant
@mrchen

atlanta is hone to so much talent that most tattoo artists wont step foot in this town………thats why our convention in its 14th year is so small, who in the right mind would come here to compete…….we are home to the most published studio in the world and some other serious competition,

Brandon Bond and crew at All or Nothing
Vince Villalvazo and Jace Masula Mystic Owl
Russ Abbott, Les Collier at Ink and Dagger
Phil Colvin, Jason Kelly and Gary Yoxen at Memorial Tattoo
Tony Olivas at Sacred Heart
Deno Cook abnd crew at Psycho Tattoo
Tony Mancia at his private studio
Dave Kruesman,he moves, one of the best tradtitional in country
Short and Bryan Reynolds at Empire (Bryan worked for Paul Booth at Last Rites, Short worked for Brandon Bond)
Cap Szuminski at Timeless Tattoo
Dave Antonito at Good Clean Fun

and there are more and more and more………….you would never need to go anywhere

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.