Jesswilliams82
Participant
@jesswilliams82

Hello My Name Is Jess,
I recently got a tattoo 2 wks ago tomorrow a family memeber did it and it was really sore and swollen so i used ointment on it for 2 days and then lotion after that it was one big scab to try and help it heal better then when it did start healing and the scabs came off i noticed what looked like a ink spread? around the outside of the heart and then the wording in it looked smudged so i sent a pic and the family member told me i moisten it too much and made the ink spread … I havent had a tattoo in 10 yrs but im not stupid i only put the stuff on it for 2 days then did lotion after that is it possible for the ink to spread and if so how does that happpen… The person that did it is very new at tattooing he got the kit for xmas so i wasnt really sure if it was something i did or he did ? Now it is very dry and itchy which i have not been doing anything to it cause there is still some scabs and i dont want to ruin it more… Any advice would be great

Dipland
Participant
@dipland
Jesswilliams82;106634 wrote:
… I havent had a tattoo in 10 yrs but im not stupid

The person that did it is very new at tattooing he got the kit for xmas so i wasnt really sure if it was something i did or he did ?

Hi Jess,

First of all its not a very good idea to get a tattoo from a person that is new to tattooing just got a kit for christmas and probably did not do it in very sanitary conditions so technically the mistake lies with both of you its something you did by letting him tattoo you and something he did by not being a real tattooist i expect you are going to see similar comments but i wanted to be the first and not to be mean but i had to add your quote above you may have an infection and need to go to the doctor dr you just may end up with a shitty blownout tattoo it may also be a good idea to look for someone that got a laser kit for christmas haha i hope you dont think im trying to be mean this is probably hard for most people to read but since its seems to be the way you type i thought it would be most helpful to you

I realize this not English class, and I am not a grammar Nazi; but DAMN! That was hard to read. Punctuation marks are our friends.

Post up a picture and maybe someone on the forum will be kind enough to try and help diagnose the problem/s with your tattoo.

My personal advice will not help you now, but maybe in the future.

Do not ever get a tattoo by anyone outside of a licensed tattoo shop.

ArniVidar
@arnividar

Well, he’s obviously trying to blame you for his own shoddy work. We would have to actually see a pic of the thing if you want us to tell you if it’s a blowout or what.

anonymous
Participant
@anonymous
Dipland;106636 wrote:
Hi Jess,

First of all its not a very good idea to get a tattoo from a person that is new to tattooing just got a kit for christmas and probably did not do it in very sanitary conditions so technically the mistake lies with both of you its something you did by letting him tattoo you and something he did by not being a real tattooist

Post up a picture and maybe someone on the forum will be kind enough to try and help diagnose the problem/s with your tattoo.

Do not ever get a tattoo by anyone outside of a licensed tattoo shop.

ArniVidar;106639 wrote:
Well, he’s obviously trying to blame you for his own shoddy work. We would have to actually see a pic of the thing if you want us to tell you if it’s a blowout or what.

Yep and yep. Sounds like a blowout.

kcgreyhound
Participant
@kcgreyhound

Tattoo neophyte in terms of tattoo verbage…what is “blowout”?

ezrider
Participant
@ezrider
kcgreyhound;106656 wrote:
Tattoo neophyte in terms of tattoo verbage…what is “blowout”?

From what i understand, it’s usually because the artist went too deep in that area causing the ink to spread out like a bruise….I could be wrong and I hope someone will correct me if so.

tattoo_blow-out-1-300x153.jpg

kcgreyhound
Participant
@kcgreyhound

What is the cause? Bad tattooing? Bad luck?

ArniVidar
@arnividar

Mostly bad tattooing, some bad luck. Competent artists rarely have it happen, whereas kitchen magicians rarely do without it 🙂

kcgreyhound
Participant
@kcgreyhound
ArniVidar;106670 wrote:
Mostly bad tattooing, some bad luck. Competent artists rarely have it happen, whereas kitchen magicians rarely do without it 🙂

I think I’ll stick to casseroles and stir fry in the kitchen and let pros handle my ink.

Jesswilliams82
Participant
@jesswilliams82

This is a pic of it .. There is still a scab on one of the roses and 2 small ones on the bottom of the heart

Tatone1.jpg

Funk
Participant
@funk

Outch….

For starters, I can’t tell what the banner says. The letters are god-awful. The “R”s and “V”s look the exact same for starts and the size is inconsistent.

&those are roses?!

Not trying to be a dick, just honest.

Jesswilliams82
Participant
@jesswilliams82

Yeah the banner says gram and papa.. he said it looks like that becayse i put too much stuff on it

Jesswilliams82
Participant
@jesswilliams82

And yes they are roses blue ones but one is still a big scab

ezrider
Participant
@ezrider
Jesswilliams82;106678 wrote:
Yeah the banner says gram and papa.. he said it looks like that becayse i put too much stuff on it

I don’t think putting on too much ointment would cause that…worst case would be that it just pull out some of the ink and make it lighter….That’s just illegible and caused by bad penmanship. I do hope you will go to a professional to get it covered. You may have to do some laser treatments first though.

clay1680
@

that is god awful and im sorry for you because the work this person is doing is assualt. even if there are some blowouts that is the least of your worries with this “thing”. whoever said look for someone with a lazer kit has some goddamn sense because that is exactly what you should do. but for now wait for it to heal and see if you can get it covered by a professional or lazer if need be.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.