Dasch-attack
Participant
@dasch-attack

I will for sure!! That has to be one of the coolest pieces I have seen so far.

Dasch-attack
Participant
@dasch-attack

So far I have emailed Josh Woods, Nick Baxter, Paul Booth, and James Kern. Still waiting on responses. But Fred at Black 13 said i just have to cal and he will set up an appt.

anonymous
Participant
@anonymous
Dasch-attack;107432 wrote:
So far I have emailed Josh Woods, Nick Baxter, Paul Booth, and James Kern. Still waiting on responses. But Fred at Black 13 said i just have to cal and he will set up an appt.

Did you contact Paul Booth to do this piece? Paul does B&G, dark-themed stuff so if you contacted him to do a color, space-themed piece, I wouldn’t hold your breath waiting for a response. Even if he did reply, I’m not sure why you would want him to do it. The other 3 guys are all great color artists, but they all have very different styles. You’re kind of all over the map here.

Dasch-attack
Participant
@dasch-attack
D3FiANC3;107435 wrote:
Did you contact Paul Booth to do this piece?

No I actually emailed them for peices that were their style, I contacted James Woods for a cartoon demon jumping out of a grenade, Paul Booth for a death army thing ( hard to explain), and Nick and James about the same piece although I gave a different explanation of it to both of them and told them they could run with it if they wanted.

anonymous
Participant
@anonymous
Dasch-attack;107486 wrote:
No I actually emailed them for peices that were their style, I contacted James Woods for a cartoon demon jumping out of a grenade, Paul Booth for a death army thing ( hard to explain), and Nick and James about the same piece although I gave a different explanation of it to both of them and told them they could run with it if they wanted.

Ohhh, ok. 🙂 I don’t know .. for $400/hr Paul better give me a reach-around with his free hand while he’s inking me up.

Dasch-attack
Participant
@dasch-attack
D3FiANC3;107495 wrote:
Ohhh, ok. 🙂 I don’t know .. for $400/hr Paul better give me a reach-around with his free hand while he’s inking me up.

HAHAHAHAHA I know right, its a lot of saving up and traveling if you can actually book him but I imagine it would be worth it.

BertNaked
Participant
@bertnaked

“Eyh brah! Could you gun some ink on me in a month? Imma give you whatever dough you want for eet”

metalmancpa
Participant
@metalmancpa

I have been searching for an artist to do a tattoo idea of mine for 4 or so months. Not final yet, but after a lot of patience I’m pretty sure subject to scheduling I landed one of the artists I was looking for – Gunnar Gaylord. I also emailed Nick Baxter, Paul DeVries, and Brandon Bond.

Brandon Bond never got back to me. Mike DeVries emailed me back and said he wasn’t taking on any clients at this time. Nick Baxter and I had several back and forth emails. I suppose my idea not being a huge piece could have something to do with it, but Nick said he was booked way out and also wasn’t taking on any new work. We actually had some great email conversation – Nick took the time to wrtie a couple of lengthy emails to me.

As others have alluded – if you are set on an artist who is known worldwide, #1 is be patient. Just write/talk normal to this person, and hope that your idea is something they are interested in. Remember, you may think it’s an awesome idea, but the artist you ask may want to do other things and it may not interest them.

Good luck.

Dasch-attack
Participant
@dasch-attack

Wow, thats awesome! still gives me some hope.. I emailed a couple less-known artist and got some replies, and I love their work so I will probably get inked by them. I emailed Liz Cook for a portrait, and Rember for a chest piece.

Here is Rembers work: http://cattattoo.com/tattoos/Rember/

and here is Liz’s: http://www.lizcooktattoos.com/tattoos/

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.