mrchen
Participant
@mrchen

the newest tattoo TV show Ink Master, premieres tonight in the US on Spike TV, ten of the worlds best artists will compete for the title of INK Master and a $100,000 prize.

one of my artsists and friends Josh Woods of Black 13 Tattoo in Nashville is competing,

There ia a party at his shop tonight, all food and drink free to watch premiere!

BACK-HIGH_flat.jpg
406688_10150474843570958_33405955957_8823278_809474961_n-460x596.jpg

DavidJednat
Participant
@davidjednat

As much as I think the tattoos will be amazing on that show… I think I’m going to hate all the drama and competition. I just want to see nice tattoos without a “compelling” story.

Adler
Participant
@adler

Yeah when I first heard about it I got excited because Shane O’Neill is supposed to be on it and I have a tattoo from him. But Dave Navarro hosting? He’s a douche and will help ruin it along with the incompetent artist and likely drama. I’ll watch but I’ve lost interest and I’m not expecting much…I’ll have to hold out unitl NY Ink on Thurs! :rolleyes:

kittykat200
Participant
@kittykat200

i dont even get this channel in the UK so i dont really have to option to watch lol x

Ross_W
Participant
@ross_w

Ive been watching it for 8 minutes now, and its already full of corny, cheesy, overly dramatic dialogue. Instantly reminded of LA Ink. Not good.

Also what the hell is Dave Navarro even doing in this show, let alone being a judge? Hes not an artist, he has no business being a judge!

DavidJednat
Participant
@davidjednat

Ooof, B-tat? My first tattoo ever was better than his skull on the pig skin. There are definitely some front runners and some pretenders on the show. I have no idea how they even chose some of the artists.

yodaddynukka
Participant
@yodaddynukka

Another lame drama filled tattoo show. When will they get it right?

mrchen
Participant
@mrchen

true, true, navarro has scratcher kitchen work on his body, not one decent tattoo that I know of,
peck and nuenez are semi famous for being associated with certain other semi famous people, however neither of them have as much talent as shane oneil, josh woods, or billi vegas etc,

I liked the competition, I dont like the fake drama (which I understands gets much worse) and I will watch the show to see what these really talented tattoo artists produce but it appears this artform is never going to gert a legitimate show

Adler
Participant
@adler

I didn’t see as much drama but as usual I didn’t see enough of the tattoos. Granted, they looked closely at a couple of tattoos for critique but the viewer barely had a chance to see the finished tattoos of most of the artists. The show didn’t do much for me.

Aussie_Al
Participant
@aussie_al

Damn I missed it – well I am sure they will probably re-run it later in the week

If nothing else these shows give a greater awareness of tattooing to the general (un-tattooed) public

ChrisvK
Participant
@chrisvk

I didn’t like the drama and scripted bullshit of the show, but what i did like was the fact that they pointed out all of the mistakes/bad tattoos rather then the good things. Even in good pieces they tried to give constructive criticism. This will hopefully teach people about good tattoos and keep them from going to people like that B-Tat ‘artist’. He got stomped in the ground by the judges

DavidJednat
Participant
@davidjednat

Oliver Peck is pretty famous all by himself (at least in the American Traditional circles.) He is pretty fantastic in his style and very well respected. The other two? Navarro is a joke and Chris Nuniez or however you spell it is an average tattooist at best. I’ll watch it for the tattoos and try to pick up any tricks I can by watching the guys that are legit.

mrchen
Participant
@mrchen

the only thing peck is famous for in my circles is for beating the shit out of his ex wife kat, he does lay down solid work, though most collectors I run with have gone the timmyb and russ abbott american style

darn good show for you dave, you really get to see some work done under pressure and I enjoy seeing our boys have to come up with work on the spot,

darkstar
Participant
@darkstar

navarro should have stuck to doing something like rock star super nova type stuff…i liked that….but a tattoo compitition? little disappointed that nunez sold out to be a judge on this… if i wanted a lame tattoo show id netflix some old LA ink shows….ill stick to NY ink thanks…something about the sexy bald firecracker ami just does it..lol

buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat

I DVR’d it and just watched it.
Some of those tattooist were a joke. The best in the world my ass not even the best on their block. You got 4 artist on there with any true talent. That being said I will probably watch the whole series.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.