eyesoffire
Participant
@eyesoffire

i just got a new tat done yesterday and got it done on my chest. my artist was surprised when i said it didnt hurt much more than the one i got on my upper arm and was intrigued when i smiled the whole way through it. and when i went to work some coworkers said that the chest is one of the most painful places to get one done. so in your opinion, what is the most painful place to get one done? 😎

kittykat200
Participant
@kittykat200

i think there’s another thread with a poll about this but i’ll answer anyway as im up!

RIBS!

FEARoftheDARK
Participant
@fearofthedark

Honestly, I’m with you, so many people say Ribs and chest are brutal, but everyone I know says that they are nothing and the one I have center chest was a cake walk. I’m sure many other areas are worse then those places.

Now, from my personal experience, the palm, and nothing has come close to feeling the way that did.

bluey
Participant
@bluey

It depends on the person and the tattooist, but Armpits, Elbows, Knees are I think universally the worst (not from experience yet). Ribs (pending on the build of the person) are also up there. Basically the less padding between the tattoo and bone the more it’s gunna hurt.

yodaddynukka
Participant
@yodaddynukka

the most painful places i got inked are my ass and my inner/side knee area. chest has been a breeze so far but i only have a small amount of work on it atm. getting hand poked in the ribs also sucked major ass.

Aussie Tom
Participant
@aussie-tom

Wow, aren’t you tough.

Fwiw, knee ditch.

kittykat200
Participant
@kittykat200
Aussie Tom;105252 wrote:
Wow, aren’t you tough.

Fwiw, knee ditch.

i really wish i was more up to date with internet slang coz i have no idea what this says? lol

hamsternuts
Participant
@hamsternuts
kittykat200;105285 wrote:
i really wish i was more up to date with internet slang coz i have no idea what this says? lol

I believe it was along the lines of:

“Goodness, I now believe you to be of considerable capabilities in the arena of combat, and I wouldn’t much fancy fisticuffs with you!
For What It’s Worth, my opinion of the most sensitive area to be tattooed, is the back of the knees”

or something like that anyway.

ArniVidar
@arnividar

LOL @ Hamsternuts

kittykat200;105285 wrote:

FWIW: For What It’s Worth.
The ditch is the area on the inside of your elbows/knees.. probably the most sensitive area on anybody’s skin 🙂

kittykat200
Participant
@kittykat200

thanks for clearing that up for me guys, apparently my english literature degree is pretty fucking useless in real life lol

Wardy
Participant
@wardy

My most painful so far if you want to call it pain because i rather like it is the back of my hand or my wrist.

Ribs is meant to be the most painful though, I wouldn’t 100% know though because i am a while of getting my ribs done.

Amok
Participant
@amok

The back was the most painful for me.

Then again its the only place I’m tattooed

ezrider
Participant
@ezrider

I have heard the ribs, tops of the feet and hands and the inner biceps….

Having had both inner biceps done I have to say those aren’t too bad. I have yet to have any of the other places tattooed.

bluey;105246 wrote:
Basically the less padding between the tattoo and bone the more it’s gunna hurt.

This makes sense, when i got my tattoo on my left arm part of it went up onto the top of my shoulder where there isnt much meat and it was the worst place during that whole tattoo.

mrchen
Participant
@mrchen

got both knees done at the same time, two different artists, brutal……….as you know most tattoo artists dont tattoo their knees, I found out why

elbow, my elbow is fully tatted, with rose, eye, full color etc, it was HORRIBLE

ribs pretty bad, hip pointer, not too comfy

worse? sternum, let someone dance right on your sternum, it sucks

darkstar
Participant
@darkstar

like others have said..it really depends on the person…i have tattoos on my feet, my whole back, and both my wrists….the ONLY thing that hurt was the one on my left foot and thats bc of nerve damage i have from a car wreck i was in years ago… there were spots on one of my back pieces that didnt feel GREAT…but it was also my first tattoo and i hadnt really learned how to breath through it…

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.