stedmeister
Participant
@stedmeister

hi tattoo fans, just signed up, great forum, anyway ive had both arms sleeved over the last 2 years, all fine, aftercare went well etc, but just wondered if you pro’s use and longterm care plan for you tattoos, as in a everyday cream or something, or are they fine to just leave be???…, many thanks in advance ๐Ÿ™‚

Wardy
Participant
@wardy

Welcome to the forum fellow ink lover!

I stick some bepanthen on it for 2weeks and then change to lotion for 1 week and then keep it dry for 1 week. I’ve never done any different despite what any other fucker will tell me it works fine so i stick to it! ๐Ÿ˜‰

DavidJednat
Participant
@davidjednat

Just keep them protected from the sun. In the winter when they get a bit dry use some lotion to keep them bright and moisturized. They should look great for years.

Adler
Participant
@adler

I regularly use lotion or shea butter long term but unfortunately they get alot of sun.

buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat

I moisturize daily tattooed areas and non tattooed areas. sunblock on any ink that sees the sun.

stedmeister
Participant
@stedmeister

what do you pro’s think about lotions?, some artists have told me baby oil is best while other say just use regular lotion……

Wardy
Participant
@wardy
buttwheat;103591 wrote:
I moisturize daily tattooed areas and non tattooed areas. sunblock on any ink that sees the sun.

where can you get total sunblock from, a lot of my tattoo’s have white and a lot of bright color’s in them and don’t want them looking poo after a month.

buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat
Wardy;103612 wrote:
where can you get total sunblock from, a lot of my tattoo’s have white and a lot of bright color’s in them and don’t want them looking poo after a month.

Sorry Wardy sunblock is an old term and the government says there is no such a thing. I meant to say sunscreen.

xanderx
Participant
@xanderx
stedmeister;103558 wrote:
hi tattoo fans, just signed up, great forum, anyway ive had both arms sleeved over the last 2 years, all fine, aftercare went well etc, but just wondered if you pro’s use and longterm care plan for you tattoos, as in a everyday cream or something, or are they fine to just leave be???…, many thanks in advance ๐Ÿ™‚

i’m no pro ๐Ÿ˜€

but for me i use unscented lotion from day 1 and it works fine for me… never used ointments ‘coz i read somewhere they don’t let the tattoo breathe…

varies for everyone for sure, whatever works just stick with ’em!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.