Wardy
Participant
@wardy

What is your going out routine whilst healing from getting a tattoo because them clothes rubbing on your new ink can be a pain!

Let’s here your routine.

ChrisvK
Participant
@chrisvk

I wrap my tattoo’s and only stay out for like 3-4 hours max and then go home and clean it again, then go to the local pub around my corner:p

mrchen
Participant
@mrchen

you know I have to work and these large pieces I have had to heal need to be taken care of. for instance my side, that tattoo on the left side is 1 1/2 feet wide and 2 feet tall ( I am 6-2 280)……………..gotta wash it a few times a day and apply aftercare, so loose fittinig soft button down shirt that wont get too messed up by getting ointment on it.
had a girl at work help me take care of back pieces, help washing and applying aftercare.

Thats all I can really do, wear the loosest fitting stuff I have and the heck with it, and even with the lightest coat some ointment is going to get on it
I tattoo my legs during the season where I can wear shorts. Arms I have been lucky and employer lets me work uncovered while I am healing.

DragonSiren
Participant
@dragonsiren

My process is when going out is make sure I have applied cream on it in the morning and wear appropriate clothing depending on which area I am healing, IE the clothing dosen’t touch it or is really loose as not to irritate to much.

StandardIssue
Participant
@standardissue

Arms -Going out: I just make the ink side of my tee shirt sleeveless by rolling it up. Most people are smart enough to figure out the shiny ink is new ink…
Going to work: I wear dark colored walmart dress shirts, they absorb the extra ointment…if you use a light colored shirt it looks like sweat stains and then turns a tinge of yellow once washed (first ink, I did that with a brooks brothers shirt and almost cried when I saw that I ruined it)

Back – Going out: I just don’t lean back
Work: I just don’t lean back, lol

kittykat200
Participant
@kittykat200

hip bones i just had to wear my trousers rather low for a while, wrist, went without a watch and ribs well… lets say the boys were running free for a little while as my bra was rubbing lol sorry if that was a bit graphic! lol (if it makes you feel any better im just turned 25 not 85 so at least gravity hasnt taken its toll yet 😀 ) x

SDArtGeek
Participant
@sdartgeek

I always try to plan ahead with my work schedule, and the rest of my life either goes on hold/revolves around protecting the new spot. I’m a waitress/bartender so I like get about 3 days off from work. And for those three days nothing covers the new ink at all, except a soft cotton tshirt (or pants depending location) when I sleep. I am currently living in tube tops/going topless around the house bc of the recent coloring. Other than that I just wash it 2-3 times a day and then put Lubriderm on it, for about a week. Although this time the Lubriderm feels like fire, which is a first, so I’m thinking of switching. Aveeno has been suggested.

Wardy
Participant
@wardy

I’ve got given a month off and still getting payed for it haha! i love my dad!

kittykat200
Participant
@kittykat200

does it really count when it’s your dad? lol isnt it just pocket money 😛

(you know i’m only teasing 😀 )

Wardy
Participant
@wardy
kittykat200;102976 wrote:
does it really count when it’s your dad? Lol isnt it just pocket money :p

(you know i’m only teasing :d )

mean!!!!!!!!!

ChrisvK
Participant
@chrisvk

Wardy, you’re lucky that you get a month off and still get payed! What do you do if i may ask?

Wardy
Participant
@wardy

My dad owns a massive plumbing&electric firm mate, i just do whatever when i can be arsed. Basically im a sponge.

ChrisvK
Participant
@chrisvk

haha awesome

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.