AndOpd
@

Hi!

I’m a 19-year old guy from Norway (so sorry if my english isn’t that good). A little while back I got my first tattoo. I’ve always thought that some tattoo-styles looks nice. Especially polynesian tattoos, tribal tattoos, koi fish and japanese tattoos. I do of course find nice tattoos in other styles, but those I just mentioned are the ones I personally like the most.

When I was at the tattoo studio to find a tattoo. I talked to an artist working there and he made a tattoo for me. At that moment I was really excited considering the fact that I was going to get a tattoo. Maybe I got a bit too excited and rushed into it. I’m not saying I regret getting a tattoo cause I seriously consider getting another one in the future, but when I look at my tattoo I don’t get that feeling of pride about it that other people seem to get about their tattoos. I don’t think the tattoo itself looks bad, but I don’t get the “wow, that tattoo looks nice”-feeling if you know what I mean.

My tattoo: http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/502/tatovering.jpg/
Considering my feelings about my tattoo, I can think of two solutions that would work for me:

1: If it’s possible to cover my tattoo with something else, possibly a tribal-tattoo or a koi-tattoo. Other ideas are also welcome of course

2: Add more to my current tattoo so it can look even better and not so alone on my upper arm.

Those are the two possibilities I could think of now. As you probably understand from what I just wrote I’m absolutely no expert with tattoos, so I will welcome other suggestions with open arms.

Thanks in advance!

Briscogun
Participant
@briscogun

That’s not a style I would get, but it actually looks like its done very well. I don’t think adding to it would be easy unless you went back to the same artist and completed the additional work in the exact same style. Covering it up is more problematic. You’d have to get it lasered in order to put a koi fish , or anything else, over that.

It looks like a quality tattoo, I don’t think I’d recommend covering it. Remember: the best part of tattoos is that they tell a story of where we were at certain points in our lives. It’s like a living history album. We all have that picture in a shoe box somewhere wearing an embarrassing shirt, but we don’t toss out the photo. Get something cool on the other shoulder to balance it out!

JENerationX
Participant
@jenerationx

Don’t feel too bad… you’re not the only person that’s gotten excited to get a tattoo and didn’t research enough. At least you’re taking the right steps to determine your options now.

I’m not much help in the Norway department, but I’m sure someone here will have an idea.

Wardy
Participant
@wardy

Hello im Wardy. First of all you speak better English than me and i am English.

Please i warn you as a friend do not get a tribal you will regret it just look at my tribal it will put you off for life.

Welcome.

Amok
Participant
@amok

I like your tattoo, one of the better tribals that i’ve seen recently. I would probably extend it a little bit so it sits better on your shoulder if I were to do anything.

PS Love the bit up the top that looks like a smiling guy with glasses.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.