Oplr
Participant
@oplr

I have a tattoo on the inside of my forearm, the pain was nothing. I was told it would hurt but it didn’t.
I have another tattoo of my surname across my shoulders, it edges over my spine and that was painful.

The tattoo i’m thinking of now would be a quote, that arches under my bellybutton, from near one hip to the other.

I was thinking of the quote ‘Life wont ask you if your ready or not’.
Views on the quotes appriciated Also some info on the pain i should expect would be great.

Wardy
Participant
@wardy

A lot of people here are not really keen on text/quote tattoo’s they feel that it is a waste of canvas. However if it is what you like then you should let nobody change your mind.

Oplr
Participant
@oplr
Wardy;100681 wrote:
A lot of people here are not really keen on text/quote tattoo’s they feel that it is a waste of canvas. However if it is what you like then you should let nobody change your mind.

I’m not really the type to get big tattoos or heavily tattoo’d, I prefer to have smaller art, for example the cross on my arm as a pose to a sleeve.

Painwise, should it hurt more than shoulders?

Wardy
Participant
@wardy
Oplr;100682 wrote:
I’m not really the type to get big tattoos or heavily tattoo’d, I prefer to have smaller art, for example the cross on my arm as a pose to a sleeve.

Painwise, should it hurt more than shoulders?

Erm im not 100% sure but I’ve also got a tattoo going across my back shoulder to shoulder and i think below the bellybutton would hurt more personally but im a bit weird i like the pain off getting tattoo’s. But yes i can see it being more painful as the skin is a lot more tender there.

Oplr
Participant
@oplr

How long should it take dya think, Id want it in scribe, not particularly thick or bold, just standard 1stroke writing?
My shoulders took 3 hours, surely it wont be as bad xD.

Wardy
Participant
@wardy

Hard to say because different tattoo artists work at different speeds but i would say no longer than one hour.

mrchen
Participant
@mrchen

yeah an hour, it isnt alot of work…….stomach is painful, many collectors say the most paidful along with the sternum…….but surely you cna handle one hour?

it is a price we have to pay to get what we want, I would gladly pay the price, it is a cool area for a tatoo

Oplr
Participant
@oplr

I thought about what you mentioned about it being a waste of a big area to tattoo and I haven’t properly thought of a quote that has reason to be tattoo’d, not any with significance anyway.
So I’m thinking of getting my other arm tattoo’d now.
My idea I have thought of is based on the japanese koi passing a waterfall to become a dragon.
On my forearm, I want to have a koi swimming up my forearm, with a dragon coming through a waterfall on my bicep.
Inner forearm I imagine will hurt more than outer, but my inner forearm tattoo didn’t hurt all that much.

Zorba
Participant
@zorba
Oplr;100679 wrote:
‘Life wont ask you if your ready or not’.

Better check both your punctuation (dont vs. don’t) and your “word version choice” (your vs. you’re) before you do this…

Oplr
Participant
@oplr
Zorba;100759 wrote:
Better check both your punctuation (dont vs. don’t) and your “word version choice” (your vs. you’re) before you do this…

Nice pointless post.

buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat
Oplr;100679 wrote:
‘Life wont ask you if your ready or not’.
Zorba;100759 wrote:
Oplr;100766 wrote:
Nice pointless post.

His post really isn’t “pointless” since you had already used your instead of you’re. Do not rely on the tattooist to be your spell/grammar checker.

Have a great day
xxxxx

Wardy
Participant
@wardy
buttwheat;100771 wrote:
Have a great day
xxxxx

Wrong.

“Have a great day.” You forgot you’re full stop.

Oplr
Participant
@oplr
buttwheat;100771 wrote:
His post really isn’t “pointless” since you had already used your instead of you’re. Do not rely on the tattooist to be your spell/grammar checker.

Have a great day
xxxxx

Considering I already wrote that I wasn’t getting a quote anymore, it is extremely pointless.

buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat
Oplr;100804 wrote:
Considering I already wrote that I wasn’t getting a quote anymore, it is extremely pointless.

Sorry I must admit that I stopped reading shortly after quote tattoo was mentioned.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.