Cornishtiger
Participant
@cornishtiger

This is becoming the funniest thread ever!
Just how childish can you be?
Oo Oo look at me I made up words!
Your rich and you stole my words, I will send you an email from my clever email address, I may even link you to my super clever youtube account just so you know who you are messing with.
If you fail to understand the power of my creativity I am going to drag you through the courts and I am sure that you will be forced to pay me for my super clever words because the courts will understand how clever I am and they will punish you.

You may want to give some thought to your attitude my friend. You seem to be creating some wierd world where art and business have joined forces to form a super power that only you can control. Share your words with the world and feel the love the money will take care of itself.

p.s I would love to see your youtube account.

Briscogun
Participant
@briscogun

This might qualify for “Ridiculous Thread of the Year”.

You can copyright whatever the hell you want. Knock yourself out. But, you might want to spend 10 minutes on the phone with a copyright attorney and discuss your master plan, because they will probably tell you that you have no chance in hell of ever seeing a dime if your “creation” is co-opted by someone else.

Put it plainly: unless you suffer some financial loss, or the other party sees a financial gain, from your “creation”, you will be laughed out of any court in the country. You could copyright something today, and I could get it tattooed on me tomorrow, and there is nothing you can do about it and you’ll never see a dime from me for it.

My advice? Stay away from tattoos.

Wardy
Participant
@wardy

I know it’s nice to have unique ink but let’s be honest your never going to know if anybody else has it anyway so why give a fuck?

Briscogun
Participant
@briscogun
Wardy;100886 wrote:
I know it’s nice to have unique ink but let’s be honest your never going to know if anybody else has it anyway so why give a fuck?

Amen, brother!

JENerationX
Participant
@jenerationx

Have you considered having the actual copyright symbol tattooed on your buttocks??? I’m pretty sure that would be original.

Also, is Fox TV aware that you’re using American Idol as a user name? I’m pretty sure that’s copyrighted.

kittykat200
Participant
@kittykat200
JENerationX;100931 wrote:
Have you considered having the actual copyright symbol tattooed on your buttocks??? I’m pretty sure that would be original.

Also, is Fox TV aware that you’re using American Idol as a user name? I’m pretty sure that’s copyrighted.

lol! i was about to make that exact point! how can you create a thread highlighting the importance of you piecing together of common words into a probably not incredibly new pattern (i bet if you put your 16 word poem in speech marks and put them into google search it would bring up hundreds of similar things!) and wanting to take the credit for that when your own forum screen name is entirely unoriginal and is instead named after an English bloke’s music TV show??

Do you think the “Have a nice Day!” people make a buck of every smiley face and every friendly postman? i dont think so. I think to be honest from reading your post, your goal is no longer protecting the origins of your words, (if you want people to give you the credit just publish them) and instead to make money off of any rich people who would see your tattoo (or gravestone) and think “ooh that sounds good, think i’ll use it!”

I think you should just drop the whole copywrite thing. At the end of the day if you get the tattoo any where visible hundreds of people will see if everyday and if they copy it and get it tattooed, or write it in a card to a loved one, or hang it on their bedroom wall for inspiration or whatever, you will neither know about it, or be able to stop them.

I have my own “original words” on my ribs, though im sure other people have said it before and even if my best friend copied it i would just think, “oh well, guess they like the tattoo, shame they couldnt think of their own!”

I would just drop it lol

what is it with people in the US wanting to sue everyone all the time?? its a complete mystery to me! lol

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.