AwesomeMcTawesome
Participant
    @awesomemctawesome
mrchen;99749 wrote:
Miami Ink has one good burnt out artist on it Garver, the show is for non-tattooed people to watch, the quailty of work being produced is mostly shit, the shop is fake, its about human nature stories

I just spat coffee on my keyboard reading this 😀

Everyday is a Tattoo day
mrchen
Participant
    @mrchen

gotta call it like I see it, Ive personally watched Bob Tyrrell, Brandon Bond, Jess Yen, Lorcifer, Sean Herman, Russ Abbott, Josh Woods, Corey Miller, Paul Booth, Rodney Raines, Joshua Carlton, Nate Beaver, and 5 dozen other members of the worlds best tattoo and they make Miami Ink look like a kitchen magicians shop………………but just my 2 cents

currently wearing 250 hours, and many more to go, cant explain what my ink means, its personal, it is about who I am
Adler
Participant
    @adler

I’m going to mostly agree with Aussie Tom on this one. I would not be embarassed to be covered in nothing but Sailor Jerry flash from Smith St or the like. I wouldn’t go as far as saying if you don’t appreciate it you don’t deserve tattoos but to dismiss flash and it’s importance in the history of tattooing is ignorant. And we can’t talk about it’s lack of originality, either. I can somewhat compare it to the animal portrait tattoo that D3 has and the pinup I have done by Shane O’Neill. They are both great tattoos and very well done but when an artist replicates a picture that can’t exactly be considered original either but still well done. The people who have created timeless flash sheets and continue to do so are extremely talented and have created pieces of art that last forever. And just because a design may look simplistic in nature does not mean it requires any less artistic talent to create.

I have no problem with small tattoos if they’re done well and if someone has well done stars than so be it. As for script, I’m mostly not a fan of the long, drawn out phrases that so many people feel the need to get to inspire themselves with poems, song lyrics and life mottos. To me they look likie shit and are lame. I cringe when I read about people who need 10 lines of script in order to live their lives better. I’ve seen some simple, two or three word script tattoos that are decent but that’s about it. To me, script works best when it can accentuate an image but not as a stand alone piece.

Aussie Tom
Participant
    @aussie-tom
mrchen;99749 wrote:
I dont understand people who are not sailors or marines getting nautical stars, and unfortunately most nautical star tattooes are produced in trailer parks and peoples kitchens, this has ruined peoples taste for them, the nautical star is a fine tattoo in my opinion, if you got yours at the trailer and it looks like it, I aint gonna be happy………….but nautical stars and classic flash kick serious ass in my opinion

script and text I dont get, lines move, lines grow, sometimes unevenly, text and script does not look good long term, your body changes, things move in the dermis alittle. besides ………..WHY QUOTE ANYONE ON YOUR BODY………….ARE YOU NOT AN ORIGINAL………ISNT YOUR TATTOO TO SHOW YOUR ORIGINALITY?……….text and script suck

Miami Ink has one good burnt out artist on it Garver, the show is for non-tattooed people to watch, the quailty of work being produced is mostly shit, the shop is fake, its about human nature stories

and keep in mind folks, we are grown ups here, I AM OFFERING YOU MY OPINION, I aint the God of anything, MY OPINION is for you to agree or disagree with, if we were all the same that wouldnt be much fun, there aint another like me, feel free to love or hate anything I say and I want to hear your opinions too…………a wise man considers all sides of a story

I don’t see the point in arguing that because you’re not a sailor you shouldn’t getting nautical stars. I mean mrchen you have some great asian inspired tattoo’s, should you not have them because you’re from a western race? The rest of what you have written I pretty much agree with.

Knitrocks
Participant
    @knitrocks
yodaddynukka;99697 wrote:
I dont mind any tattoo as long as it is well done.

Agree. I also tend to dislike very small tattoos on large limbs. Somehow I just think it don`t fit in properly.

anonymous
Participant
    @anonymous
Aussie Tom;99744 wrote:
Me determining is no different to anything MrChen and co do around here. They seem to be able to tell everyone what they should like. This thread is about opinions then I am perfectly vaild in saying that if you don’t appreciate flash then you shouldn’t be getting tattoos, that’s my opinion. You have said stuff about the artists who created it when you said “Flash are simplistic, mass-produced designs often requiring little talent on the part of the artist”.

Actually, you didn’t simply state your opinion; you told me what my opinion should be. You don’t have any authority over anyone or anything. Furthermore, I didn’t say a single thing about the artists who created the flash. Are you seriously so obtuse that you actually thought I was talking about the creators?

Adler;99758 wrote:
And we can’t talk about it’s lack of originality, either … The people who have created timeless flash sheets and contin