Adler
Participant
@adler
Wardy;99481 wrote:
I don’t know if this is right but it would last and look better for longer if it was in black & grey wouldn’t it? So if im splashing out a couple of grand on my back i think it will be in black & grey. Unless im wrong about it lasting longer im not sure 🙂

I think you’re wrong about this, especially since it’s on your back and not exposed to a lot of sun or elements. Maybe I’m wrong but if you got it done in color by a good artist and took care of it I think it would hold up as well as b/g. That said, I still think something like this would look better in black and grey rather than color regardless, especially if you’re using an older movie for reference. For realism and portrait pieces I think b/g simply looks better, especially for Clint and this subject matter. You better be able and willing to shell out some serious cash though, this certainly isn’t something you can skimp on.

Wardy
Participant
@wardy
Adler;99492 wrote:
I think you’re wrong about this, especially since it’s on your back and not exposed to a lot of sun or elements. Maybe I’m wrong but if you got it done in color by a good artist and took care of it I think it would hold up as well as b/g. That said, I still think something like this would look better in black and grey rather than color regardless, especially if you’re using an older movie for reference. For realism and portrait pieces I think b/g simply looks better, especially for Clint and this subject matter. You better be able and willing to shell out some serious cash though, this certainly isn’t something you can skimp on.

Adler money is no option for this piece and it will not be getting rushed. It will take me a while to complete it and money is no option. I also want the best possible artist to do this for me. Like I’ve said previously this will not be getting done any time soon but will be getting started sometime in the next 5 years.

anonymous
Participant
@anonymous

Sticking with my Jason Butcher recommendation for B&G. 🙂

lemmy1.jpg

Wardy
Participant
@wardy
D3FiANC3;99494 wrote:
Sticking with my Jason Butcher recommendation for B&G. 🙂

lemmy1.jpg

That is awesome at this early stage im open to so many suggestions, Where is Butcher located?

anonymous
Participant
@anonymous
Wardy;99495 wrote:
Where is Butcher located?

Chelmsford, Essex

Wardy
Participant
@wardy
D3FiANC3;99499 wrote:
Chelmsford, Essex

Well he will defiantly be one of my options when i come to getting it as he isn’t really that far away.

yodaddynukka
Participant
@yodaddynukka

I would be all over david corden if i lived as close as u do to him. Also cecil porter will be in sheffield in february. But i already mentioned all this before…

Wardy
Participant
@wardy
yodaddynukka;99505 wrote:
I would be all over david corden if i lived as close as u do to him. Also cecil porter will be in sheffield in february. But i already mentioned all this before…

I know you have yodaddynukka, and Cecil Porter is a obvious choice. But you’ve said before that he only comes to Sheffield for a limited time so he wouldn’t be able to finish the back piece. Corden is another choice of mine im just getting as much information and as much artists name as possible at this stage. Cecil Porter and David Corden was already on my list dude.

yodaddynukka
Participant
@yodaddynukka

Porter guests there quite often so it wouldnt be too difficult.

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.