Wardy
Participant
@wardy

Well I’ve been thinking of this for a while now and finally come to the full decision. I won’t be getting this tattoo anytime soon It’s a future plan i just wanted to share with the rest of you addicted tattoo lovers. I will probably be getting it within the next 5 years or at least starting it then.

I am planning on getting a very big back piece on the theme “The Good, The Bad & The ugly” i have loved all of the Clint Eastwood westerns for years and that has always been my Favorite and i personally think it would make a awesome back piece if i get it done by the right person. (This is where you guys come in)

I really need this tattoo to be perfecto. I really do not mind travelling for this tattoo no matter how long it takes to complete the piece. I am willing to travel anywhere in England/Europe(depending where)

Looking foreword to hearing your opinions guys

thanks

ChrisvK
Participant
@chrisvk

If your looking for a black and grey backpiece I can recommend Emmy from Needle Art in Breda, The Netherlands.
http://www.facebook.com/emmyvandegiessentattoo?sk=photos
a piece by her is definitely on my wish list

Adler
Participant
@adler

I just got through watching “For a Few Dollars More” on Blu-Ray, freaking great! I don’t know about a whole backpiece for that but I guess so. Maybe it would be better if you combined a few scenes from various Clint movies into the backpiece rather than just from the one movie (as great as it was) so you can incorporate more of his amazing career of movies.

Wardy
Participant
@wardy
Adler;99418 wrote:
I just got through watching “For a Few Dollars More” on Blu-Ray, freaking great! I don’t know about a whole backpiece for that but I guess so. Maybe it would be better if you combined a few scenes from various Clint movies into the backpiece rather than just from the one movie (as great as it was) so you can incorporate more of his amazing career of movies.

Adler For a few dollars more is awesome. But im going to peer pressure you now to watch “the good the bad and the ugly” if you haven’t seen it before, im sure you have.

Adler
Participant
@adler
Wardy;99419 wrote:
Adler For a few dollars more is awesome. But im going to peer pressure you now to watch “the good the bad and the ugly” if you haven’t seen it before, im sure you have.

Trust me I’ve seen the entire no-name trilogy many times as with just about every other movie he’s ever made. I also love his other westerns like “outlaw josey wales” and “unforgiven” but you can’t forget the dirty harry movies either. If there is any downside to good, bad and ugly it would be how fucking long that movie is!

Wardy
Participant
@wardy
Adler;99422 wrote:
Trust me I’ve seen the entire no-name trilogy many times as with just about every other movie he’s ever made. I also love his other westerns like “outlaw josey wales” and “unforgiven” but you can’t forget the dirty harry movies either. If there is any downside to good, bad and ugly it would be how fucking long that movie is!

Bad & the ugly is my Favorite movie ever it’s so awesome. I have the dirty harry’s on box set also but they aint a patch on the No name trilogy. He is the best actor ever. Along with Lee Van Cleef.

anonymous
Participant
@anonymous

Just off the top of my head ..

B&G: Jason Butcher, Remis
Color: Bez, David Corden

Corden has done a couple great B&G pieces also, but he’s only got 3-4 in his portfolio so he doesn’t do too many.

buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat

I think it is a good idea that you plan this out. i think it is a great idea and working with the right artist it can kick ass.
But hopefully it will go OK with this:

Wardy
Participant
@wardy
buttwheat;99430 wrote:
I think it is a good idea that you plan this out. i think it is a great idea and working with the right artist it can kick ass.

i think we both know that it won’t go with that but having that at the top of my back still wont stop me from having a amazing piece underneath it ๐Ÿ™‚

anonymous
Participant
@anonymous

I know it says Skin Kandi, but for some reason it looks more like “Skin Ranch” or “Skin Randi” to me now. Anyway, are you sticking with B&G? I think any type of realistic work like you’re talking about is generally better in B&G, but to each his own.

mrchen
Participant
@mrchen

sounds like a good idea, I like the look of large backpieces in one style, Jason Butcher would be great but there are a handful of german artists and russian artists who could knock this one out too, but given the travel expenses at this time staying in UK would probably be best

buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat
buttwheat;99430 wrote:
Wardy;99449 wrote:
i think we both know that it won’t go with that but having that at the top of my back still wont stop me from having a amazing piece underneath it ๐Ÿ™‚

Now do you know why some of us really thought this wasn’t the greatest move even though it was free.

Wardy
Participant
@wardy
buttwheat;99459 wrote:
Now do you know why some of us really thought this wasn’t the greatest move even though it was free.

Was just one of them things at the time but i don’t regret it though haha.

And im still not sure weather i want it in full color or black and grey

anonymous
Participant
@anonymous
Wardy;99467 wrote:
And im still not sure weather i want it in full color or black and grey

Tough to recommend an artist in that case, as the guys who are truly great at both are fairly rare.

Wardy
Participant
@wardy

I don’t know if this is right but it would last and look better for longer if it was in black & grey wouldn’t it? So if im splashing out a couple of grand on my back i think it will be in black & grey. Unless im wrong about it lasting longer im not sure ๐Ÿ™‚

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.