young-lecky
Participant
@young-lecky

Went today for a session on my arm, and only got an hour done unfortunitly 🙁

my artist said i was bleeding too heavily and he didnt wana go on as he said it would be a waste of my time and money.

Just wondering what would of caused me to bleed so much, and the skin to swell so quickly this time when its never happened to me before…

I wasnt drinking last night and i dont do drugs. I done a little bit of running last night at about 8 oclock, would that affect it?

Cheers for any help

Briscogun
Participant
@briscogun

Had you been in the sun lately? I know that having too much sun can bring blood to the surface of the skin and cause excess bleeding. In addition, I’ve heard that taking certain aspirins and pain relievers before getting a tattoo can thin the blood and cause bleeding.

Is this your first tattoo?

JENerationX
Participant
@jenerationx

Any chance you’re slightly anemic?

young-lecky
Participant
@young-lecky
Briscogun;98878 wrote:
Had you been in the sun lately? I know that having too much sun can bring blood to the surface of the skin and cause excess bleeding. In addition, I’ve heard that taking certain aspirins and pain relievers before getting a tattoo can thin the blood and cause bleeding.

Is this your first tattoo?

Hasnt realy been much sun this past while, and didnt take any painkillers, or any medication of any sort for that matter.

Its my second tattoo, but my 4th sitting of this one, and any other time ive had no problems atal

JENerationX;98882 wrote:
Any chance you’re slightly anemic?

Not that i know of, looked up the symptoms and out of the list f them, im tired sometimes but i put that down to the exersice i do. Should it be somethin i should get checked out do you recon? lol

JENerationX
Participant
@jenerationx

You don’t have to have symptoms severe enough to recognize. I have occasional microcytic anemia which means my red cells are smaller than they should be. I had no idea until I donated blood. They prick your finger and put a drop of blood into a vial with a solution in it and your drop of blood either floats or sinks depending on if the specific gravity is greater than or less than the solutions. I went to the doctor to find out what was going on, and it turns out my iron levels fluctuate. Something as simple as “that time of the month” can cause it. Cells cycle every 90-120 days, so basically I take an iron supplement during that time of the month and avoid symptoms.

Vitamin B deficiency, medications, kidney infection or disease, alcoholism, irritable bowel syndrome, cancer…. all causes. Some temporary, some chronic.

If you continue excessive bleeding, I’d definitely get it checked out.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.