AlienF
Participant
@alienf

Hi there everyone. I’ve been reading this forum for quite a while as I decided to get a tattoo. It will be my first, so like all newbies I’m nervous and have loads of questions (and finding a lot of asnwers here which is awesome!). The design I want is a mantra Om Mani Padme Hum in sanskrit, whch has both a religious and more personal meaning, I’d also like it on the wrist.

I found the picture below a few days ago and I really like the font and the look of it, however I wonder: is it big enough or could it cause problems in future? Thank you for your help ๐Ÿ™‚

http://i.imgur.com/RgjZ9.jpg

mrchen
Participant
@mrchen

I think the example is too small for this piece to last 30 years
bigger is better

AlienF
Participant
@alienf

Thank you for the reply! How much bigger would it have to be to work out? Are there specific parts of the design that are too small or is the scale of the entire script too small?
On the picture you see there is a “margin” between the edge of the visible skin so to say, would it help to get it done without that margin? (I hope that makes sense…)

Thank you again ๐Ÿ™‚

anonymous
Participant
@anonymous

I agree that bigger pieces and pieces w/ less detail should look decent for a longer time, but honestly, no matter what your tattoo looks like now, it will look like crap in 30 years. I would definitely go a little bigger for the entire piece though so you cna put a little more space between those lines.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.