ar90
Participant
@ar90

It’s not really finished yet, i’ll need to visit my artist once more in a couple of days, but so far
this is the result

I bend my shoulder a bit so it doesn’t look really proportional, but this is the pic anyway

nsvd5inczvewmar.jpg

What do you guys think of it, i know it looks bit messy, sharpy, but thats how it’s supposed to be ๐Ÿ˜€

xanderx
Participant
@xanderx

well sorry but this looks very poorly done… ๐Ÿ™ there’s not a good thing about it i can say… sorry about that.. ๐Ÿ™

buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat

sorry man it’s not very good. but as long as your happy

metalmancpa
Participant
@metalmancpa

It looks sloppy. It’s not even – it all seems off.

Amok
Participant
@amok
ar90;95274 wrote:
sharpy

it looks like a sharpie was used to draw this. when you go back to your artist, you should kick him in the dick.

Panter
Participant
@panter

Sorry, I think it’s awful, but if you’re happy with it that’s all that matters.
You really need to be careful using scratchers though, aside from the work itself you’re running the risk of infection or serious disease.

ar90
Participant
@ar90

thanks for your opinion guys,
as i said it doesn’t look that proportional, a bit messy, but thats what i like about it ๐Ÿ™‚
on my second go artist will finish it thought.
But you guys are right, as long as owner of tat likes it, its all that matters ๐Ÿ™‚

Adler
Participant
@adler

C’mon, there’s really no reason to accept shoddy work. There are too many good tattoo artists out there to get something like this. Let’s face it, this tattoo is very poorly done and you shouldn’t make excuses such as you like that it’s messy and your shoulder is bent. I really wonder if this was even done by a professional artist in a shop because it’s that bad. True, if you like it that’s what matters but there’s no reason to get something this poor if you had done an ounce of research for a decent artist. And now you’re going back to the same artist for a second pass? Sorry for the brutal honesty but I don’t understand how people are accepting of extremely sub-par tattoos. Fine, if you’re satisfied with having a shitty, amateurish tattoo on you for life then so be it but for me, personally, my standards are much higher and I’m too proud to wear something like this.

Hylland
Participant
@hylland

I hope that artist isn’t saying he or she is a professional. Are they a friend of yours or something. Or did they have a great bedside manner. I’ve known guys the couldn’t tattoo worth shit but got away with it AND charged more than any body else I have ever known, just because of their pleasant attitude. Nothing that artist you went to does at this point will make it better. Also, once you stop, your not supposed to work on the same skin again for a couple of weeks. It ups your chance for infection.

ar90
Participant
@ar90
Adler;95349 wrote:
C’mon, there’s really no reason to accept shoddy work. There are too many good tattoo artists out there to get something like this. Let’s face it, this tattoo is very poorly done and you shouldn’t make excuses such as you like that it’s messy and your shoulder is bent. I really wonder if this was even done by a professional artist in a shop because it’s that bad. True, if you like it that’s what matters but there’s no reason to get something this poor if you had done an ounce of research for a decent artist. And now you’re going back to the same artist for a second pass? Sorry for the brutal honesty but I don’t understand how people are accepting of extremely sub-par tattoos. Fine, if you’re satisfied with having a shitty, amateurish tattoo on you for life then so be it but for me, personally, my standards are much higher and I’m too proud to wear something like this.

As i said we all have different tastes, yes i’m satisfied with it ๐Ÿ™‚
I’m not making excuses mate, especially not for myself, since this tat looks exactly like it did on the paper, so i knew what i’m doing ๐Ÿ™‚ I like the way it looks and i’m not lying to myself, am truly not.
Getting back to what i said previously about tastes, personally i don’t like colorful tattoos at all, i don’t like straight lines, perfect shapes you know, but that’s me.

Thanks for your opinion anyway, its nice to hear good comments, but it’s also amusing to read some negative things ๐Ÿ˜€

ar90
Participant
@ar90
Hylland;95354 wrote:
I hope that artist isn’t saying he or she is a professional. Are they a friend of yours or something. Or did they have a great bedside manner. I’ve known guys the couldn’t tattoo worth shit but got away with it AND charged more than any body else I have ever known, just because of their pleasant attitude. Nothing that artist you went to does at this point will make it better. Also, once you stop, your not supposed to work on the same skin again for a couple of weeks. It ups your chance for infection.

An artist is friend of mine, he’s done lots of tattoos during past couple of years and while doing this particular libra, he did couple of remarks about design, wanted to do edit some details his own way, but i prefered it to look exactly like it did on the paper.

This tat was done in the begining of july, so it’s been couple of weeks since then ๐Ÿ™‚

Adler
Participant
@adler

Was the tattoo done in a shop or your friends house? Is he a professional tattoo artist or a scratcher?

Parademic
Participant
@parademic

that looks terrible. The dishes are probably one of the worst parts ๐Ÿ™

Hylland
Participant
@hylland

Ok, so you asked for it. Still, you shouldn’t work on it till its 2 weeks healed.

ar90
Participant
@ar90
Adler;95390 wrote:
Was the tattoo done in a shop or your friends house? Is he a professional tattoo artist or a scratcher?

It was his personal studio in the apartment. Not sure what’s the exact difference between professional and scratcher? I guess some kind of certificate, well no, he doesn’t have it, but he’s a really good one, i might show some of his works here later. As i said, it was me who wanted this libra to look like that ๐Ÿ˜€

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 33 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.